Angel

Red knew it. If she didn't speak up, she'd be a witness to something personal.

Red: "Uhm... oh look at 'th tahme! Soundwave 'an ah need 't git back. It was nice see'n ya 'gain Optimus. Nice meet'n ya too Blade."

Blade: "It's been a pleasure."

She replied half-heartedly, still stunned on all she was learning today. Optimus simply gave a curt nod to his daughter. Blade couldn't believe it; any of it; she was being overwhelmed with things she wouldn't have considered just moments ago.

~

Meanwhile, Emery marched out of the Base's area and into the open desert.

Emery: "Wonder how long it is until I can get back to New York City? Meh, whatever. I'll keep walking until what's-her-name comes and tries to sugarcoat me into coming back."

~

            Back at the base, the sound of a groundbridge powering up and then fading was heard. Red had left with Soundwave. Blade and Optimus were still frozen in a private world that ignored all else.

Blade: "I'm sorry I misjudged you, Optimus. I know I'm not an easy case to handle."

            She felt horrible about how she acted but, just as when she was a human, she had rampant emotions that often caused her to overreact. However, just then, a slight tingling mixed with a small amount of dread spread over her body.

Blade: "Ugh. I'll be back."

            She kissed his cheek and stood up, leaving the infirmary and the base altogether as she marched outside.

Blade: "Em! I know you're out here!"

            She called out into the night, hoping the girl would respond. What could she say? Her instincts linking her to Optimus might be because of his actions, but when it came to everyone else, she just knew.

~

            However, Emery was already several miles down the highway, strolling along without a care in the world. The sun was setting over the horizon, and a cool wind made her zip up her leather jacket.

Emery: "Pfft. She probably even won't come. If she does . . . whatever."

            She didn’t care, at least, she didn’t want to.

~

            Blade sighed.

Blade: "That girl . . . I swear."

            She transformed to her alternate mode and began driving where her gut told her; straight down the highway. She just hoped no Cons would get involved when Emery had decided to go out for an 'evening stroll'. Man things were complicated today. It wasn't long before she saw the human figure walking down the road.