Meeting the Mother

Optimus: “Good evening, Ms. Witwicky. My name is Optimus Prime. It seems your daughter has stumbled across one of our . . . Agents, and she is currently residing inside our base. We are autonomous robotic organisms. We are not of your Earth, but due to the danger now presented by the interaction, you shall be put under our protection. We simply request that you are brought here immediately so we may assign you a proper guardian."

            Optimus had handled his new duty with care and grace, but it was a few seconds before he heard any response.

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . Is this a prank call? Nici, you know what I said about hanging out with those kids-."

Nici: "Mom, it isn't!"

Nici sighed.

Nici: "Just uhm . . . meet me where you dropped me off. I got a lot of explaining to do."

Ms. Witwicky: "All right . . ."

Her mother trailed off.

Ms. Witwicky: "But if this is some prank call I swear-."

Nici: "It isn't!"

            Nici insisted to her mother again.

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . all right . . . bye baby!"

Nici: "Uh, bye Mom."

Nici sighed.

Nici: "Sorry about that."

            She said, apologizing for her mom’s constant suspicions.

Optimus: "Your mother is suspicious of us?"

The Prime asked gently.

Nici: "She thinks you're a bunch of teenage kids who love stirring up trouble. She has a hard time believing in things. She doesn't even know my arm can transform."

            There was a brief silence before the medic spoke up.

Ratchet: ". . . I'll call Red in the morning."

Ratchet sighed, disliking using the ground bridge so much, especially when the operations were so close together.

Blade: "So . . . who's got pickup duty?"

She asked, curious. When several pairs of optics drifted to her, she nearly facepalmed.

Blade: "Scrappin' A. Why'd I even ask?"

She sighed, then transformed. She had brought the girl here, after all.