Chapter 22: Date Night

It was 5 till so I decided that I'd see if Louis is ready.

"You ready?" I knocked on his bedroom door. It opened to reveal a beaming Louis.

"Ready as I'll ever be." He interlocked our hands. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"Why thank you, my good sir." We descended the steps and traveled to the kitchen.

"We are going out. If you need us, well don't. Bye!" Louis waved so I did to and we walked out of the hotel.

"So now will you tell me where we're going?" I questioned in hope of an answer.

"You'll just have to wait and see, babe," he replied. I groaned, rolling my eyes.

Once we got to their limo, Louis opened the door for me before following me in the automobile. The chauffeur started the limo and pulled out of the lot.

Louis wrapped his arm around me and I cuddled as close as I could to him without being restricted by the seatbelt.

The car ride was short and basically just consisted of small talk and cuddling.

Once we made it to the destination. I glanced out of the tinted windows to see that we were in the outskirts of Chicago. It was way less noisier than it is downtown so that's nice.

Louis hopped out of the car to open the door for me and I smiled genuinely at him.

I took a gander at where we were and saw what looked to be... an abandoned carnival? There were no city folk on any of the rides but there were workers there standing boredly by the rides.

"Why are we-?"

He cut me off. "They haven't used this carnival in a while. But I convinced them to reopen it for us."

"Dude, you didn't have to," I gushed.

"I didn't want our first date to be all sappy, yet," he added, "so I thought that this would be quite fun and is similar to the Navy Pier thing but more fun. Do you like it or did you want something different?"

"No, no I love it! This is amazing! I fricking love carnivals and this is better than some cheesy date! You're the best." I hugged him.

"Aren't I?"

"C'mon Mr. Narcissist. Lets go on these rides!" I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the seemingly unoccupied carnival. "What should we do first?" I squealed.

"Babe, this date is for you not for me. You can choose."

"Fine, then I'm choosing you to choose first."

He groaned. "Wow, you're stubborn. What about the tilt-a-whirl?"

"Hell yes!" I yanked him forwards to go on the ride.

The man opened the gate and gave us a toothless smile. Literally. He hardly had any teeth. It was kinda gross. He also smells like feet. Nasty. "Hop on 'em, kids!"

"Thanks." I smiled sincerely at him before following Louis to one of the cart things. Sweet, no tickets required!

~3 minutes later~

After that ride was over we decided to go on this ride called Zero Gravity. It has many different names but this one is that specific one.

In case you didn't know, Zero Gravity is the ride that you spin around at something like a 70° angle. It's a super fun ride.

We skipped merrily over to the ride and the guy who looks extremely bored to be there, unlike the toothless guy who was unbelievably in a peppy mood. This guy actually has a full set of teeth, though, so I don't see what his problem is.