Chapter 36: Confusion

~Larissa's POV~

I nestled my head into the warm body I was lying on. It turns out, I was actually lying on someone.

My body moved up and down with the person's breathing. I felt a hand card through my long, blond hair.

"Mm," I mumbled sleepily.

"I see you're awake, then," a voice commented, a light, happy tone evident in his voice.

"Hi, Niall," I murmured, using my hands to turn myself over so I was now on my back. I opened my bag-containing eyes to glance at his baby blues casting down on me.

"Hey babe." He leaned down, giving me a kiss on the mouth.

I froze. I had completely forgotten that we were... together- like literally together.

I had fallen asleep to the thoughts of whether we were moving too fast. Alright, I probably seem like the most indecisive human being ever alive, but do I really like him?

One minute I do, the next I don't. Wait! I didn't mean that at all, forget I said it!

Are you forgetting? On the count of three, it should be out of all of your minds, okay? One... Two... Three... Is it gone?

Ugh, damn! I thought I quit talking to myself. *sigh* Well I have problems.

After he pulled away, I plastered a faux smile on my face. As long as he believes it, everything's okay. He returned a grin, so I could pretty much conclude that he did, in fact, believe it. I, on the other hand, had trouble believing it myself.

My heart did flips when he began stroking my hair. See! This proves that I like him. God, what is my brain thinking?

Ugh. I literally feel like my brain and heart are going at it, and the loser is myself! My brain is bewildered and my heart's a mess.

"Hey, is Stefanie around here anywhere?" If my internal organs can't decide what to do, then maybe and external source can.

"Right there." He pointed at a sleeping bear in the other bed. I'm just kidding. But she does look like a hibernating bear when she's in her coma, I mean asleep.

I pulled myself out of Niall's grasp and the extremely comfy cloud that is my bed.

"Stefanie," I spoke gently, poking her in the stomach. "Do you wanna wake up for me?"

"Mm," she muttered in response, too lazy to form sentences and even words.

"Is that a yes?"

"No."

"Yes it is then." I grabbed onto her arms, yanking her onto the floor.

She screamed once her body collided with the hard carpet. "What the fuck was that for?!"

"I wanted you to get up. Now can we talk?"

"Uh oh. It sounds like you're gonna break up with me," she claimed, panic-stricken in her voice.

I rolled my eyes at her antics. "You fruitcake... Now I'm serious!"

"Hi Sirius... Black!" She burst out laughing at her joke while I stared at her with an 'are-you-kidding-me?' look. She noticed my seriousness, looking me in the eyes. "Oh c'mon! That was pretty funny!"

I shook my head at her, making her continue. "You have to admit, that it was."

"Alright," I breathed out, giving in, "it was kinda funny."

"That's the spirit! Now what did you wanna say to me? And why was it crucial enough that you had to wake me up to tell me?"

"It just is, now c'mon. Let's talk in the hallway."