Makeover

Alec was so cute when he was sleeping especially when he had his hands grasped together by his face almost like he was praying. And Magnus liked that 80% of the time he was turned towards Magnus. It made him feel so loved that even in his sleep he looked to Magnus only.

Magnus had been up for an hour but he couldn't wake his boyfriend. It was early yet, not even 5, but usually if one of them couldn't sleep they woke up the other. It was one of their things. But today was different.

It was the day Magnus was going to give Alec a makeover not that he knew it. Magnus rolled out of bed painfully slow so as not to wake Alec who was usually a very light sleeper. Once he was free from the bed he tiptoed to the bathroom and grabbed a shiny gold bag along with a purple glittery one. He unzipped them both in the bathroom so he wouldn't have to make any unnecessary noise while back in his room.

Once inside his room he snuck over to the bed where Alec had already spread out. One of his feet was hanging over the edge while his arm was slung above his head. Magnus remembered the first few times he had slept there. He would curl up and take a little space as he could while now he'd sometimes take so much space that Magnus ended up getting pushed to the ground.

Magnus held in his laughter and started his mission. He lightly grabbed Alec's hand, the one that was hanging over the edge and quickly painted his fingernails a glittery black. Then he moved to his toes and painted the nails hot pink. Alec's other hand was in the bed where Magnus couldn't easily reach so he decided to go back to it later. Before he forgot he used a splash of magic to dry his boyfriend's nails before they smudged.

Now the next step was going to be tricky. He needed to get to Alec's face but he couldn't with him sleeping on his stomach. He needed to wake him enough to get him to move but not enough that he'd actually wake up. He had an idea. He crawled onto the bed and touched Alec's side gently then started to scratch it softly like he knew his boyfriend liked. As his hand moved farther Alec began to purr appreciatively in his sleep.

"Roll over and I'll continue." Magnus whispered devilishly into his ear.

"Magnus?" Alec asked sleepily and opened one eye.

"Sleep my sweet." Magnus kissed his hair and then Alec thankfully rolled over so he was on his side again. Magnus waited a full five minutes then gently pushed him into his back. He gave it a couple more minutes to make sure he stayed asleep.

Then Magnus slid off the bed again and got back to work. He painted the fingernails on his other hand first then pulled out the eyeshadow. He had already planned the makeover so he made quick work of making blue/grey smokey eyes on his boyfriend. Then he surrounded Alec's eyes with a black eyeliner making winged tips just for the hell of it.

The mascara was the hardest part surprisingly enough. Alec almost woke up a couple times while Magnus worked to make it prefect. Good thing he had been doing his own make up for centuries or he would have already given up. Finally he picked a blue body glitter and finished his masterpiece. He was still surprised that Alec had slept through it all, but thankful for it too.

The next part was the worst; he had to wait for Alec to wake up. He took a seat in one of the chairs at the foot I'd the bed to eye he had moved it. Chairmen Meow hopped into his lap as if he knew what they were waiting for and was just as excited. Over a dozen times he considered just waking Alec up but he fought the urge.

"Magnus? Why are you in the chair? Did I kick you off the bed again?" Alec's questions had Magnus jolting up in the seat where he had slumped after taking asleep. It was light in the room. Had he missed Alec's reaction?

He looked at Alec who was smiling sleepily from the bed. No, he hadn't noticed yet. Magnus couldn't take his eyes off him. Sure he loved Alec the way he was and would never change him but that didn't mean he couldn't admit his boyfriend was hot with blue body glitter and make up.

"What's with the look?" Alec cooked his head. Magnus was up to something, he was positive.

"Can't I look at my boyfriend?" Magnus gave him an innocent smile. Yes, Magnus was definitely up to something and Alec would figure it out.

He sat up and blinked before freezing. There was something on his nails. He lifted then closer to his face to inspect them. They had nail polish on them. He didn't paint his nails. Magnus, it had to be Magnus. He loved at his boyfriend who was the picture boy of guilt.

"Did you paint my nails while I was asleep?" Alec asked with an eyebrow raised. For some reason Magnus started to laugh then. Alec became even more suspicious. He jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom.

"Magnus!" Alec yelled to Magnus's delight. He clapped his hands, leapt up from the chair, and ran to the bathroom where Alec was staring at himself.

"What do you think?" He asked while leaving against the doorway.

"How did you do all of this while I was sleeping?" Alec finally asked.

"Slowly and carefully." Magnus admitted.

"I look so-"

"Hot? Yes you do, of course I prefer my Alec, the one who won't wear makeup but mmhmm, Alec you are divine." Magnus licked his lips as Alec blushed.

"You know I'm going to have to get you nah for this right?" Alec grinned.

"I would hope so." Magnus nodded. He loved this playful side of Alec.

Gah! You know this needs to happen at one point in their relationship. ♡ Thanks for reading, voting, and hopefully commenting!