12. Fear or Fun

My answer: Shadowhunter because I'd never want to be immortal honestly but also I love the runes and fighting would be fun.

"What did she say?" Izzy asked nervously. "Does she know? Is she pissed?"

Alec shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know. We're meeting them for dinner."

"That's a good sign. She's not going to make a scene in a restaurant." Izzy patted his leg. "And no matter what, I've got your back big brother."

"Thanks." Alec wrapped his arm around her and kissed her hair.

"Since we have some time I need you to tell me about that kiss." Izzy smiled up at Alec who blushed.

"Which one?" Alec asked then blushed even more.

"Which one?" Izzy shouted then shushed herself. "You dirty dog! We weren't there that long."

"I know. It's crazy isn't it?" Alec groaned. "We barely know each other. I mean we just met today."

"Alec, sure it may be crazy but don't even try to tell me you don't know him. I know you've watched his videos and he's watched yours. You know each other." Izzy reassured him.

"I guess you're right." Alec smiled with an excited glint in his eyes. "So it's not weird that I want to ditch our parents and go back to his place?"

"Not at all; in fact, I think you should." Izzy pulled out her phone and typed a quick text before hitting send.

"I can't though. Mom and Dad are already upset that we weren't home." Alec frowned and saw the restaurant as the cab driver pulled up to it.

"I don't mean to interrupt," the cab driver turned to look at them, "but I agree with your sister. If you've found a man who loves you even if you're not ready to share that with the world you shouldn't give it up just because you're afraid of what your parents will think. You need to take care of yourself first and other people's feeling second."

"Thank you Ragnor!" Izzy clapped her hands. "It's decided. Alec go and I'll handle the 'rents."

"Are you sure?" Alec asked looking between them.

"Yes." Izzy and Ragnor said as one.

"Okay." Alec smiled so big that his white teeth showed. "Do you think he'll be happy?"

"I know he will be. He's a damn lucky guy." Izzy jumped out of the cab after someone behind them honked. "I texted him to let him know you're on your way."

"How do you have his number? When did you text him?" Alec called after her.

"I take being a fangirl seriously!" She called back. "Have fun!"

"Hello Mom, Daddy." Izzy smiled curteously and hugged them both.

"Where's your brother?" Her mom asked without greeting her.

"He wasn't feeling well so he went home. He sends his apologies." Izzy said.

"Why didn't he say anything on the phone?"

"You know him, he didn't want to disappoint you. I made him go home though when he started turning green."

"Okay, well then I suppose it's just us." Her dad hugged her again and they walked inside.

----------

"Good luck young man." Ragnor shook Alec's hand and Alec got out of the cab.

"Thank you." Alec rushed up the stairs before his nerves got better of him.

He knocked on the door a little too hard so the flip flop summer wreath fell to the ground. He bent down to pick it up before Magnus opened the door. It was so big that he couldn't really see so he shoved it against the door only to hear a loud grunt.

He dropped the wreath and almost fell with it when he saw a confused, laughing Magnus standing in front of him. He pulled a piece of the ribbon from the wreath out of his mouth.

"By the Angel, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." Alec winced.

"I'd hope not." Magnus chuckled. "Leave it and come on in."

"Okay." Alec gingerly stepped over it only to trip over the doorstep. "Shit."

"You sure are a clumsy beauty aren't you?" Magnus grabbed Alec's arm and steadied him.

"Sorry." Alec blushed.

"No worries. I'm sorry about scaring you away earlier." Magnus gave him an apologetic smile that was somehow cuter than a bucket of puppies.

"You didn't scare me." Alec said.

"Then why did you leave?" Magnus said as he felt suddenly nervous. Was Alec not interested? Was the little taste enough for him?

"Oh, my parents got home early. They're kind of strict." Alec shrugged. "But I decided that I would rather spend some more time with you so I came back."

"Really?" Magnus stepped closer.

"Um, yeah?" Alec said as if it was a question as Magnus's arms snaked around him.

"And what did you have in mind?" Magnus asked with a predatory smile just as Alec's stomach rumbled.

Alec gulped from embarrassment. "Sorry."

"How about we go get something to eat?" Magnus chuckled.

"Yeah, that would be good." Alec laughed.

"Are you okay if I stay dressed like this?" Magnus asked motioning to his tight black pants and glittery gold top and matching makeup.

"Of course. You look great." Alec smiled.

"Okay, I just don't want to make you uncomfortable or embarrass you." Magnus admitted.

"No, Magnus, you would never embarrass me for being yourself. I love that you can be so comfortable in your own skin." Alec kissed his cheek.

A/N Awe I love them so much! 💗💗 but you all are close seconds! Thank you for voting, reading, sharing, and commenting. I'll be posting the top 3 for the contest later today.

Question: Are you more of a flowers or cologne/perfume person? 😉