Ultimatum

Magnus chuckled and pushed Alec against the wall. He ducked his head down and kissed Alec's collarbone while holding his jacket and shirt out of the way.

Alec moaned. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too." Magnus said between kisses. Then he looked into Alec's blue eyes. "Have your eyes gotten more beautiful?"

Alec blushed. "No?"

"Damn, you're cute when you blush." Magnus purred before kissing Alec on the lips.

Alec tucked his fingers into Magnus's belt loops and pulled him closer. His tongue swept across Magnus's bottom lip before he was granted entrance.

"By the angel! Where did Alec go?" Jace's voice was like a freezing cold, bucket of water being dropped on Alec's head while it was the equivalent of a fly buzzing by to Magnus.

Alec pushed Magnus away and tried to fix his messy hair. He straightened his shirt and looked to the end of the alleyway.

"There you are." Jace smiled then looked confused. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, uh." Alec stuttered looking between Magnus and Jace.

"He called to see if I could help." Magnus offered coldly. "I portalled in."

"Did you find anything?" Jace asked, accepting the lie.

"No, but since you've been in Idris the last couple weeks it makes sense that you're both a little rusty. I suppose I can keep helping." Magnus smiled.

"What are you talking about? We were in Idris for less than a week. How did you even know?" Jace said and Alec cringed.

Magnus felt a sharp pain in his chest. Alec had lied; but why? Magnus gave Alec a hurt look willing him to day something, anything. But he stayed silent and Magnus knew why.

"You know what?" Magnus said with a fake smile. "I have better things to do with my Saturday then to hang out with you two."

And with that Magnus disappeared. He got to his apartment, poured himself a drink, and sank into his leather chair.

Magnus loved Alec more than be liked to admit, but it was hard to love a Shadowhunter who was keeping them a secret. He had lied to him just because he was afraid someone would find out.

Magnus want perfect by any means but he sure as hell deserved better. He was much too old to deal with a boy who was too afraid to admit his feelings. He was going to get over Alec. All he needed was a night to feel bad for himself and then he'd move on. There was a cute pixie thaddr had caught his eye before Alec. Yes, he'd find her.

There was a knock on the door just as he was refilling his drink for the third time. "Enter and you lose a limb!"

"Magnus, please. It's Alec Lightwood. Can we  talk?" Alec pleaded and Magnus was struck with the look of Alec's sad blue eyes. He should at least give him a chance, right? No! Magnus fought with himself.

"Leave!" Magnus's voice boomed angrily.

"Magnus, please. I need to see you." Alec banged against the door. "Please."

"You lied. You're embarrassed to be seen with me. I deserve someone who will shout their love for me from rooftops." Magnus declared then his heart sank when Alec stayed silent.

Had he lost him? Was Alec gone? Magnus left his glass and hurried to the door. He peaked through the peephole and saw nothing.

He opened the door and Alec fell against him.

"Shit. Sorry." Alec wiped at his eyes and stumbled to his feet.

"Are you crying?" Magnus asked and touched Alec's shoulder.

"You're right. You deserve better." Alec whispered. "I'll leave."

"Wait." Magnus said in barely more than a whisper. Alec froze. "Why did you lie to me?"

"It doesn't matter. I'm going to go so you can find someone who will shout your name on a rooftop." Alec walked to the stairs with his head down.

"Stop!" Magnus used his magic to drag Alec inside before slamming the door behind them. "I deserve an answer. Why did you lie? Are you embarrassed of me? Is it because I'm a warlock? Is it Jace?"

"No, yes, kind of." Alec sank to the couch and covered his face with his hands. "I'm scared."

"Of them knowing?" Magnus was still hurt but he was glad to know it wasn't just him.

"Kind of. It's more like if I admit I love you, then I can lose you. But know I'll lose you either way." Alec peeked through his hands to see Magnus's reaction.

"You love me?" Magnus was shocked.

"Yes, these last couple weeks I tried to pretend I didn't but it was impossible. You're the one I think of before I fall asleep and the first thing I think of when I wake up. I dream about you constantly. I never have a moment without you in my head. It terrifies me. I never thought I'd have to deal with these feelings." Alec blurted out.

"I love you too." Magnus kneels in front of Alec so they were almost at the same height. He took Alec's hand and pulled it gently away from his face.

"I'm so sorry Magnus. You deserve everything, the world. And I wish that I were strong enough to yell it to the world but I'm just not ready for it. I'll leave." Alec pulled his hand away and stood.

"Stop trying to leave." Magnus leapt up and grabbed his arm. "I don't care if it takes you years, I can wait as long as you can promise me that it will happen."

"I promise." Alec turned to look at Magnus.

"Good, and hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later." Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec.

"I already told Jace. He's going to cover for us so I have some free time." Alec smiled.

"That's a start." Magnus kissed him deeply.

A/N Sorry that this one had some sad moments but I hope you liked the more emotional side! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!