14. Breakfast and Conversations

Answer: First off I love everything you all have said and agree. My advise is that you can't wait for someone to help you. You need to take the first step and ask for it. That's one of the hardest lessons I've ever had to learn. It's impossibly hard but that's the best thing you can do, whether all you can do is tell yourself that you need help, or you go to someone. No matter what you can't deal with something until you can admit that it happened.

"Alec, it's time to wake up." Magnus whispered as he played with Alec's fluffy hair. (This time Flashlight (Sweet Life Mix) by Hailee Steinfield came on and perfect once again)

"Sleep." Alec mumbled.

Magnus chuckled. This was the Alec that he knew. "It's been sixteen hours. You need to get up. I got us some breakfast."

"Where?" Alec sat up and looked around, confused then his eyes closed as he remembered what had happened. He looked down at his arms and saw that they were thankfully covered by his long sleeved shirt again.

"What time is it?" Alec yawned and stretched his arms over his head.

"Early." Magnus said in response and got up to pull the room service rolling cart to the bed. "Do you want French toast or waffles?"

"I'm not hungry." Alec laid back down.

"Then I get the waffles." Magnus pulled the silver lid off and smothered the waffles in butter and syrup. He watched Alec out of the corner of his eye as he took his first bite and wasn't at all surprised when Alec ripped the fork out of his hand and took a huge bite.

"You don't deserve waffles." Alec said and Magnus chuckled.

"I'm glad to see you're hungry." Magnus took the silver lid off the French toast he had actually ordered for himself. They ate in comfortable silence and Alec pushed the tray away once he had eaten everything off his plate. He laid back down and closed his eyes, yawning sleepily. Magnus was worried but from what Alec had said he knew he hadn't been getting much sleep. He had to be exhausted.

"I'm going to go for a walk." Magnus announced. Not that he planned on going far, but he needed to call his mom and Jace.

"Don't." Alec blindly reached out and grabbed his hand. "Please."

"Sure, I guess I could watch some T.V." Magnus smiled and sat on the bed. He grabbed the remote and turned it on making sure to turn the volume down. He was just going to get more comfortable when Alec shifted to partially lay across his lap. Magnus froze and held his arms up. After a couple of minutes he finally, carefully put his arm over Alec's back and bent the other before tucking it behind his head. It was the most uncomfortable position but it sure was worth it.

(Little Do You Know by Alex and Seirra is seriously like a theme song for this book)

"Hey," Magnus whispered into his phone. Alec was snoring softly so he knew that if he was quiet he wouldn't disturb him.

"How is he?" Jace asked and Magnus ran his fingers through Alec's hair. He knew that Alec wasn't going to magically be better and honestly he didn't think Alec ever would truly be better, but he'd get past this. He would change but he would be able to live again. And Magnus knew that he could do the same, finally; they could start healing.

"Magnus," Jace's voice pulled Magnus back to the fact that he was on the phone.

"Ah, right. He's sleeping."

"Still?" Jace sounded worried.

"Again. He at least ate." Magnus continued to brush Alec's hair and felt a swell in his chest when he paused and Alec nuzzled against him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jace demanded and it made the anger rise in Magnus again.

"Why didn't you notice?" Magnus shot back.

"Alec's always been moody and secluded." Jace said but Magnus could hear the regret in his voice. Jace, like everyone else hadn't noticed because they didn't want to. Who actually wanted to think about something causing their friend so much pain that it permanently changed them?

"Well, it's been months." Magus shook his head and moved his hand from Alec's hair to his back and rubbed it.

"Months?!" Magnus quickly covered the speaker as Jace started shouting. Then he heard a scuffle and Clary came on the phone.

"Magnus, do you want us to come there?" Clary asked him staying levelheaded as Magnus could hear Jace still shouting in the background.

"Of course we're fucking going!" Jace yelled. "He's practically my brother. He needs me!"

"Mags, let me call you back." Clary said before Magnus could respond. Did he want them to come? It would be nice, but he also knew that Alec wasn't ready to share the truth with himself let alone Jace and Clary. Alec couldn't even see the scars or his reflection without breaking down. He needed time.

His phone vibrated and he quickly answered. "Hey."

"We're coming." Jace declared.

He could hear Clary in the background. "Only if he wants us to."

"I need you to cover for us." Magnus said. "Clary you told Izzy what I told you to right?"

"Like Hell, we're coming." Jace shouted.

"Yes, but I don't think she believed it. I really hate lying to her." Clary said taking the phone back from Jace.

"I know, but she would be worse than Jace and I know he needs some space. He's just barely accepting what happened." Magnus felt Alec start to struggle in his sleep and whine.

"We don't even know what the fuck happened!" Jace declared.

"I need to go. Don't come." Magnus hung up the phone and ran his hand over Alec's hair. "Alec, you're safe."

"N-n-nothing happened." Alec whined in his sleep.

"Alec, wake up. It's over." Magnus gently turned Alec over and pushed his hair out of his face. "Alexander, you're safe. Open your eyes."

"I can't." Alec whimpered so quietly that Magnus wasn't even sure he had said it. Magnus stayed quiet and continued to brush through Alec's hair.

"What if I open my eyes and I'm back there?" Alec asked.

"I promise; you're not. Alec, when you open your eyes all you'll see is me and ugly hotel decorations." Magnus watched as Alec blinked quickly then opened one eye cautiously. 

A/N Happy tears finally!!!! Same deal as with the others. 25 votes, 50 comments and the next part goes up.

Question: What's something you regret?