Happy Valentine's Day

Alec's POV

Today was a very important day. It was my very first Valentine's Day that I actually had someone to share it with. Magnus had invited me over for dinner but it didn't hit me what day it was until yesterday.

Izzy and Jace were both shocked when I opted out of being on call for the night because I was generally the first to jump at the idea of working, especially on a day like today but instead I was going to my not so secrets boyfriend's place.

"You will tell me everything when you get home right?" Izzy asked as she threw clothes from my closet into a pile on my floor.

"Iz, what are you doing?" I demanded as I tried to pick my belongings up as more things flew at me. She may be a good sister but sometimes I hated her.

"I'm helping you find something to wear, big brother. About the details. You will tell me right?"

"Maybe." I ducked right as a boot narrowly missed my head. "By the angel! Iz stop it. I'm wearing this."

I motioned to what I was already wearing; a grey sweater that once was black, but wasn't holy and a pair of dark jeans. Izzy groaned with disapproval.

"Well at least there won't be any details to share with me. There's no way Magnus will go to far with you dressed like that." Izzy teased. We both knew that this was who I was and I wasn't going to run off and change just because of Magnus. Sure some things about me had changed but not my core personality. Included my need to wear clothes until they literally were falling apart .

"I've learned that if I dress poorly Magnus is more inclined to get me out of my clothes." Alec said with a wink and blush across his cheeks.

"Ah, why did I have to walk in to hear that?" Jace whined as he came unannounced into my room.

"I've told you that you should knock." I shrugged.

"Yeah but still. I don't need to hear about my parabatai and his getting naked with his boyfriend." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Jealous?" I teased.

"Of course I am! You're a catch!" He patted me on the back.

"Damn right I am!" I laughed. "I better go."

"Yeah. You don't want to be late." Izzy said.

"And don't worry about the institute. We'll keep down the fort."

"You'll keep down the fort?" I asked confused by the phrase.

"Right. It's something Clary and the mundane say. It means we'll make sure nothing happens." Jace explained. "Now go have fun with your warlock."

"Yeah and if mom or dad asks you're out on a recon mission." Izzy added.

"Thank you." I nodded at each of them then climbed out my window.

"You know you could have gone out the front door right?" Jace gave me a confused look.

"What fun would that be?" I laughed and jogged away.

I practically leapt into the cab that I had called when I saw the driver flash his lights at me. Normally I took the subway to get to Magnus's but tonight was special. The cab driver tried to talk to me but I was too nervous and excited to pay attention.

When I got to Magnus's I paid the driver and then tripped on my own shoe as I tried to get out. I caught myself against the door as he tried to keep from laughing at me. I hoped Magnus hadn't seen me fall.

I pulled out my key to his place and ran up the rickety stairs. You'd think a warlock would have made the entrance to his home look better but Alec kind of liked it that way.

"Alexander, welcome!" Magnus waved his arm towards his open door as Alec got to the top of the stairs. He tripped on the last step as he took in Magnus's appearance. Magnus easily caught him and helped him right his footing with a chuckle.

"Thank you." Alec blushed. Magnus had on all black; black pants that were quite tight, black dress shoes, and a black tunic with gold embroidering on it. He also had on some gold bracelets, necklaces, rings, and earrings. His outfit was pretty subtle for him. And I had to admit how he had the top buttons opened made him extra sexy.

I had half a mind to leap on him and devour him right there but I settled for kissing him, hard. I nipped on his top lip until he opened his mouth wide so I could plunge my tongue inside. Our tongues danced with each other as I pushed him against the wall. Neither of us thought to go inside so we stayed there making out in the open.

My hands roamed over his body with a mind of their own. I slid one hand under his tunic and brushed it against his side before moving it to his back so I could pull him even closer. Our mouths pulled away so we could suck in air before I trailed kisses from his chin to the base of his throat.

"Alexander we should go inside." Magnus whispered sweetly. "I have a surprise for you."

I look up at his cat eyes, the color of gold. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"But I did Alexander. It's our first Valentine's Day. It must be perfect." He whisked me inside and pushed my against the couch until I sat down.

"Close your eyes." He demanded. "No peeking. I'll be right back."

A/N Happy Valentine's Day my lovelies! ♡ Hope you are having a great day!