14. Dinner with Glitter

My answers: First you all had great choices and I had to take out a couple of mine because you had already said them! But here's a couple more: What Ifs by Kane Brown, Let Me Love the Lonely-James Arthur, Stomach Tied in Knots-Sleeping with Sirens, Losing Sleep-Chris Young, Stay with You-Cheat Codes & Cade, Perfect For Me-Ron Pope, 4 a.m.-Alex G, and many more... Not gonna lie, I kinda have a Malec Playlist... That's normal, right? 

"Alec, we're here." Magnus held back a laugh at the tight grip had on him. He thought that with the way Alec had looked at his bike, he'd be ready, but he clearly hadn't been. Once Magnus had pulled onto the street Alec had gripped him so tightly he thought that he'd snap in half. He could even feel Alec's body still shaking against him.

"Alexander, are you okay?" Magnus asked gently prying Alec's fingers apart. Alec finally pulled back from him.

"Ah, yeah, that was fun." Alec jumped off the motorcycle a bit too fast and got his foot caught on the seat. "Shit!" He called out as he tumbled toward the cement ground. But instead of hitting it he felt someone grab his arm.

"Thanks, you saved my life." Alec chuckled and looked up to see Jace standing over him holding his arm still. "Jace?"

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jace pulled him in and gave him a half hug. "And where's the makeup?"

"Dick." Alec laughed even though he was dying on the inside. What was Jace going to say when he saw Magnus? Should he just run off? Maybe he could faint and then they'd be so distracted that no one would remember this meeting.

"To be fair you didn't look half bad." Jace teased and then seemed to notice that Alec wasn't alone. 

"Hi, I'm Jace, Alec's best friend." Jace held his hand out to Magnus and Alec was happy yet surprized to see zero judgments on his face.

"I'm Magnus, his," Magnus stalled as he tried to decide what he should call himself. He saw a deep blush and fear on Alec's face so he just left it there.

"Wait." Jace turned back to Alec. "Are you on a date? With this guy?"

"Uh, um."

"No, of course not." Magnus hid the hurt deep inside and covered for them both. 

"Alec?" Jace raised his eyebrow.

"Yes," Alec whispered.

"Fina-fucking-ly!" Jace pumped his fist! "Clary you owe me fifty bucks!"  Jace called out to his red haired girlfriend who Magnus and Alec hadn't noticed.

"What?" Alec's eyes almost popped out of his head.

"I told you the video would help him take a chance." Jace did a little happy dance and winked at Clary.

"Great." Clary threw her arms up in the air. "Thank you, Alec, for giving him reason to have an even bigger ego."

"What the hell is going on right now?" Alec asked exasperatedly. 

"Jace is being an ass." Clary smiled. "I'm Clary and you're the makeup warlock guy from youtube. Oh my gosh! I love you so much! Can I get a picture with you?"

"Ah," Magnus was suddenly wrapped up in the girl's arms. "Sure."

"Thanks." Clary finally pulled away when Alec gave her an are-you-serious-look. "Right, well we're just leaving. See you around!" Clary grabbed Jace's hand and pulled him away.

"Wait," Jace walked up to Magnus and lowered his voice. "If you so much as hurt a single hair on his head I'll skin your glittery skin right off."

"Lovely." Magnus frowned.

"See you guys around." Jace smiled and stepped back. "Alec, call me in the morning."

"Okay?" Alec still was trying to wrap his head around what was happening. "What did he say to you?"

"Oh, just to not hurt you." Magnus smiled and touched Alec's arm. "You have some great if not ADD friends."

"Yeah, sorry about them." Alec ran his fingers through his hair. "Jace can be a little intense and the little girl is, um, vibrant?" Alec decided that was the best way to describe the two.

"Well, shall we eat?" Magnus pointed to the local burger joint.

"I love this place." Alec said for the first time since they stopped realizing where they were.

"I know." Magnus smiled.

"Right, my vlog." Alec giggled nervously. "Are we going to talk about how strange that is?"

"What? That we know our virtual selves more than our real selves?" Magnus held the door open and Alec thanked him as he walked in.

"I'd say almost the opposite. Those videos are the real me."

"And you've never dated someone who knew the real you." Magnus stated finally getting his point.

"Yeah, well I haven't dated anyone at all." Alec blushed.

"But, you talked about dates on your vlog." Magnus looked confused.

"Yeah, those were fantasy dates." Alec blushed even more.

"See, so there are plenty of things for us to learn about each other. Magnus went to the counter and ordered for them both. Alec smiled deeply, he had always loved the thought of being with someone who knew him well enough to order for him. Izzy hated when guys did it because she felt like it was a way for them to control her, but Alec knew Magnus wasn't like that. 

They chatted like best friends with the occasional flirty comment as they waited for their food then took it outside to eat at the more secluded area. It was dark by now but there was a light so they could see their food and each other.

"You look beautiful in the moonlight," Alec said and blushed. He had meant to say that in his head.

"You do too." Magnus smiled.

A/N Yay! A longer chapter! Hope you enjoyed it and for once Jace wasn't a cockblock! I know it was hard to let him leave... haha. We're getting close to the end of this storyline about 2 chapters left but maybe I'll double post tomorrow... but don't worry the next one will be a super fluffy, sweet, possibly steamy *wink wink* one shot then a more intense multipart. 

Question: Would you read a book that was very similar to this story but my own original characters?