4. The Plan

"I'll have to ask Jace." Alec shrugged.

"Do you ever do things just for yourself?" Magnus asked in a teasing voice.

"Like what?" Alec asked.

"Hmmm, we'll see pretty boy; we'll see." Magnus patted Alec's cheek then walked back over to Clary. "Stop, both of you! We're dropping off the cars and getting lunch. You can continue yelling over fried chicken."

"Alec!" Jace turned on his friend.

"Jace, dammit, it was an accident. They've apologized and are offering to repair the damage. You need to calm down." Alec looked at Clary. "Where do we need to go?"

"I'll drive." Magnus offered. "Alec, you can come with me and Clary will meet us there. It's right next to the best restuarant in town."

"No way am I letting the one who caused this accident drive his car." Jace declared, crossing his arms.

"Oh, then please enlighten me. What would you propose?" Magnus rolled his eyes.

"Jace, it's fine. You can follow behind on the bike." Alec offered.

"Fine." Jace got on waiting.

"I'll follow you, too." Alec said walking back to his car.

"But, it's confusing and I don't want you to get lost." Magnus called after him.

"Then don't lose me." Alec called back.

"I don't plan to." Magnus whispered to himself. "Clary get in."

They both got in her car and Magnus turned it on.

"Next time you want to meet a guy we go with my plan, deal?" Clary asked.

"I still think hitting him was the right choice. If it wasn't for his annoyingly, protective friend we'd already be back at my place." Magnus winked. "Plus, I don't really want a next time. I think he could be the one, or at least a one."

"Too bad he's straight." Clary laughed.

"Well, there is that." Magnus looked at Alec in the rearview mirror. "But, give me an hour away from that friend of his and I bet you he'll open up. Alexander is hiding who he is."

"You want to bet on it?" Clary asked.

"Sure, how about the first to get the other one to kiss them wins?" Magnus turned onto a dirt road.

"Hell no. I'm not letting that arrogant ass kiss me." Clary shook her head a little too hard.

"Come on, little biscuit, we both know you're into him and he really wasn't an ass. He was being protective of his friend. That's a good thing. Plus, I saw you checking him out. If I hadn't stopped you, you would have been God only knows where making out with him." Magnus wiggled his eyebrows. "And even more probably."

"Why are we friends?" Clary asked grumpily.

"Because I'm amazing and Simon won't be here for a couple more days." Magnus shrugged.

Magnus pulled into the garage parking lot and parked.

"I've got to know, what with you calling him Alexander. I heard him, his name is Alec." Clary said before they got out.

Magnus smiled. "Right, I prefer calling him something different so that I stand out. Plus, Alexander is so much more sexy than Alec."

"But is that even his real name?" Clary asked with a laugh as she got out.

"He hasn't corrected me." Magnus shrugged.

"What happened to your car?" Luke exclaimed as he ran out to meet them. "Are you okay?"

"Luke, calm down. We're fine. It was just a little fender bender." Clary said.

"We even made some new friends." Magnus sang as Alec and Jace pulled in behind them.

"Do I even want to know?" Luke shook his head.

"Probably not." Clary and Magnus said together.

"I knew it was a bad idea when you started hanging out together." Luke ruffled Clary's hair.

"Touch my hair and I'll scream," Magnus said with his hands out. Luke rolled his eyes.

"You must be Luke." Jace said, joining them.

"And you are?" Luke asked after nodding.

"An ass." Clary mumbled as Jace said. "Jace."

"Is it your car?" Luke asked after shooting a glare at Clary.

"No, it's my friend's." Jace pointed to Alec who was walking up to them.

"I'm Alec." Alec held out his hand. "Sorry about Jace. He can be a bit intense."

"No problem. Give me an hour or so and you should be ready to go." Luke shook Alec's hand.

"Thank you," Alec smiled.

"Now let's go eat," Magnus said to the group then stepped closer to Alec and whispered, "don't worry. I won't bite unless you want me too."

"How else do you eat chicken?" Alec blurted with a blush.

"Right, chicken." Magnus winked and walked away.

A/N yummy! I seriously want some fried chicken now! What do you think about the bet Clary and Magnus made? Who will win? I'm thinking the next one will need a bit of Malec alone time. Magnus needs to test his theory out. Will one hour break Alec out of his shell?