10. Back to Normal or Rock Bottom?

Funny story: you guys broke my phone momentarily. It got too many notifications I guess and just restarted... It was awesome! Let's see if we can do it again! Also, you are amazing!

Answer: Gaelic and French. I'm teaching myself French right now of course I have no one to practice with so it's going slowly. I can mostly say I don't know and count to 3. Yeah, I know it's impressive. 

"I'm glad to see that you're feeling better, Alec." Mr. Hodge gave him a look telling Alec that he knew he hadn't been sick.

"Yeah, it was one of those crazy 24 hour bugs I think." Alec said as he took his seat. For the first time in months, he wasn't the last one to get to class.

"I take it you gave yourself enough time to heal." Mr. Hodge gave him a serious look and Alec knew they weren't talking about a stomach bug.

"Yeah, I mean. I may not feel amazing but I feel a little better." He admitted honestly. After his long shower, he had made the decision. He was going to move on. It was time and now that the string between him and Magnus was severed he could finally breathe again albeit in a different way. It was almost like he was scuba diving, he could breathe but it didn't exactly feel natural or long lasting.

"Alec, coach is pissed. He told me that you quit the team." Jace said and he sank into his seat and put his feet up on his desk.

"Herondale, we're not in your living room. Get your feet down!" Mr. Hodge called over the voices that were getting louder in the room.

"My dad can be such a prick." Jace groaned but dropped his feet down to the ground. He may fight with his dad but they were inseparable. Alec was one of the few people who knew Mr. Hodge was Jace's adoptive dad.

"He's not that bad." Alec shrugged and smiled. Jace and Mr. Hodge had a relationship that wasn't normal, but he knew that they loved each other like any blood family did. Hell, they were closer than the Lightwoods, that was for sure.

"I don't know. I sometimes envy you. You pretty much live on your own already."

"Yeah, I guess so." Alec pulled out his notebook and a pen.

"So, are we going to talk about what happened with the team? It's a joke right?" Jace smacked Alec's arm when he tried to ignore him.

"Come on, Alec we only have a month left and then we are gone. The scouts are coming to the game on Saturday and you're the one they're coming to see. Your parents are going to be pissed."

"They haven't seen me play since I was 12." Alec snorted.

"Yeah, but they ask how it went."

"Oh, wow, they deserve an award." Alec said bitterly and shook his head.

"Hey, they may not be there but you know they support you." Jace said.

"Jace, I literally haven't spoken to either of them more than two words in over a month. They wouldn't even bat an eye if I disappeared. Hell, they wouldn't even notice for at least six months." Alec knew it was true because over the last six months that hadn't even noticed that something was wrong with him or maybe that was normal.

"Alec, you know that's not true." Jace frowned. How had he missed how far his friend had fallen? Jace knew that Alec was upset and moody, but this was so much worse. He wasn't even sure if that was Alec still.

"Alec, are you okay?" Jace asked, touching his arm. 

--------

"Alec, are you okay?" Magnus asked with true fear in his voice. There was so much blood that he was afraid that he was dead. "Alec?"

"I-" Alec tried to speak up but he couldn't. Everything was still so groggy.

"Oh my God. What did they do to you? Who did this?" Magnus grabbed Alec's hands and tugged trying to pull him up into a sitting position. "Who did this, Alec?"

"I-" Alec stuttered again but still he couldn't get anything else out. It was like he was underwater.

"We need to get you cleaned up." Magnus stood up pulling Alec with him. That's when he saw where the blood was coming from. "Alexander,"

Magnus's voice was so full of sorrow that Alec lost it. He dropped to the ground and Magnus had no strength to hold them up. He sank to the floor and wrapped Alec in his arms.

"I will make them pay. Tell me who it was." Magnus whispered with such fire in his voice that Alec was surprised that he didn't feel the heat. But all he felt was cold as he passed out again.

-------------

"Alec, why didn't you tell me that you were so fucked up? I'm your friend. I can help you." Jace asked, pulling him out of the memory, more like nightmare.

Alec just looked at him with the sadness filling his eyes. Jace felt like he was being stabbed in the chest from the overwhelming emotions. Was he that bad of a friend that he hadn't noticed or was Alec just that good of an actor?

"Alec," Jace said, but he had no idea what else to say.

"I think that bug is back." Alec got up and left the room just as Mr. Hodge started the lesson. He heard his name being called out but he didn't stop. He just kept running until he got to his car. 

A/N Same deal. 25 votes and I put up the next chapter. Sorry to anyone who hates having multiple updates! 

Question: What's your weirdest craving or a bizarre food combination you love?