5. A Day in the Sun

"We should actually leave the hotel room at some point today." Alec said while drawing lazy circles on Magnus's back with his finger.

"Or not." Magnus turned his head to look at Alec and winked.

"Come on." Alec rolled over to his back and sat up. "We can go to that little-secluded beach again."

"I suppose that could be okay." Magnus smiled and sat up.

"But I'm keeping the ring on." He exclaimed, holding up his hand to watch the diamonds sparkle in the sunlight coming in from the window.

"I wouldn't expect any less." Alec got up and went to the suitcase. 

"You know me too well, Alexander." Magnus chuckled. "Oh, and where the blue suit.

Alec opened the suitcase and his eyebrows went up. He pulled out the blue piece of clothing. "No way in Hell am I wearing this, Mag." 

"Please." Magnus stuck out his bottom lip and clasped his hands. "It'll be so hot on you."

"Never." Alec threw the speedo into the corner of the room.

"But, look at you." Magnus waved his hand and Alec was left standing in the blue speedo. "It matches your eyes perfectly."

"You're not looking anywhere near my eyes, Magnus." Alec rolled his eyes.

"I've seen them enough. I know what I'm talking about."

"Sure." Alec rubbed his fingers over the stubble on his chin as he thought of how to get out of wearing the tiny suit. He grinned. He had it. "But, Magnus, do you really want guys at the beach looking at that same part of me? I can guarantee they're not going to be looking up to see if it matches my eyes."

"They wouldn't with me right next to you." Magnus wrapped his arm around him.

"All right, but I don't want you whining about guys checking me out and have you threatening to turn them into ducks."

"But, we made a deal. Any mortal that is horrible can be turned into a duck that we send to Jace's." Magnus pouted. 

"Yes, but checking out someone who's in a tiny piece of clothing isn't horrible. It can be creepy, but a compliment." Alec moved away and grabbed a towel. "You know what? Yes, I'll wear this. I haven't been able to enjoy the hungry looks of men lately." 

Alec had to bite his tongue so hard that he tasted blood just to keep from laughing. hungry looks of men? He couldn't wait to tell Jace about this, well he would leave out the part about the speedo. 

Magnus chuckled. "You say that like you're some hot piece of ass." 

Alec smirked and grabbed the doorknob. He felt a woosh and then looked down to see he was covered from head to toe in fabric. "Magnus?"

"You were right. I think this is better." Magnus smiled.

"Dick." Alec laughed and pulled the hood over his head. 

"You wish." Magnus grabbed his tanning oil as Alec continued to pull off clothing. 

"How many layers did you put on me?" He laughed, hard.

"I don't know; about 7?" Magnus shrugged.

"By the angel!" Alec finally exclaimed when he finally got down to just swim trunks. 

"Are you ready yet?" Magnus teased. "I've been standing here waiting for almost an hour."

"You're going to regret this, Mister." Alec pointed his finger at him.

"Don't say something unless you can follow through." Magnus smiled. This was how their prank wars always started and it had been some time since their last one. 

"You'll see. For now let's go to the beach."

"Of course, darling." Magnus opened the door and they walked hand in hand to a couple of chairs on the sand. "Rub some oil on me?"

"Of course." Alec took the oil and squirted some into his hand. He massaged it into Magnus's shoulders, back, arms, and chest. "And me?"

Magnus took it and repeated the actions then did his legs and let Alec do his own legs too. They both relaxed into their lounge chairs and let the sun warm their skin.

"How long has it been since we came to the beach and we didn't have to build a sand castle?" Magnus asked.

"Too long." Alec laughed. "I love not having to get in the sand."

"Me too." Magnus opened an eye and peeked at Alecc. "Do you want to build a castle?"

"Yes." Alec smiled.

"Good. Let's do it." Magnus jumped up from his chair and Alec followed suit. 

They spent the next hour creating the biggest sand castle they could. 

A/N Wahoo! I love the beach! I want to be there so bad... espiecially with Malec. haha!

Today is the day! Shadowhunters! I can't wait, except I have to until tomorrow morning but I am so excited! Have you seen those pictures of Malec? Adorable!!!!!