Use Me

Alec's POV

"When are you going to ask Magnus out?" Izzy asked me.

"What are you talking about?" I countered her question with my own. There was no way she could know that I found Magnus attractive, right? It was my secret; no one could know. I already was fighting my feelings for Jace, but with Magnus it was even stronger.

It was like he was a magnet and I was a tiny piece of metal shooting through the air towards him. It terrified me while at the same time it made me feel more alive than I ever had. Not to mention his eyes! They were perfectly golden. And that smile? Flawless. This was not good; not good at all.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" Izzy tapped my shoulder and I shook my head to clear it.

"Sorry. What did you say?" I gave her a guilty smile.

"You need to tell him how you feel." She looked at me with sympathy.

"I don't feel anything. That's the way of the shadowhunter world, Iz. And you'd do good to remember that." I looked over at Jace who was talking with Clary. I hated seeing them so close and it wasn't because I loved him; honestly, it was because I wanted to have what they seemed to have and I knew it would never happen.

"You know he won't care, right? He loves you and nothing will change that." Izzy raised her eyebrows at me. "Even if you ask out a certain warlock."

"Please, Izzy, don't you have a fairy to seduce or something?" I groaned and tried to walkway from her but she grabbed my arm.

"How about you worry about the warlock you need to seduce rather than me?" Izzy smirked and sauntered away.

****
Magnus POV

"Alexander... what a magnificent creature he was. Well? Chairman Meow, what did you think of him?" I asked my cat as I scratched between his ears. He purred up at me and I knew that he didn't care about anything as long as he kept getting cuddles and milk.

"You honestly are no help." I tried to glare at him but he meowed up at me and I smiled. "Why must you be so cute?"

"Meow." Chairman Meow rubbed against my legs before suddenly arching his back. He jumped behind me and hissed at the door.

"Who could be visiting us? Clearly not a friend of yours, but than again you don't really like anyone my dear which is why I like you so much." I chuckled and stood up.

Before I got to the door it flung open and I knew why chairman meow had reacted the way he had. I wanted to do the same thing if not worse.

"Camille, what do you want?" I huffed and sat back on my couchfeeling let down that it wasn't Alec who had stopped by.

"Is it true?" She hissed walking in like she owned the place.

"You're going to have to be more specific my dear." I twisted my hand out of boredom.

"You're helping the shadowhunters find the mortal cup." She was so angry.

"Awe, news sure travels fast." I said not exactly answering her question.

She sped forward probably expecting me to react but I stayed still. She glared and reached out to dig her nail into my chest. It hurt but not enough for me to actually care.

Ring! Ring! (What do you think his ring tone would be?)

"Magnus Bane." I said into the phone ignoring Camille's clear irritation that I answered in the middle of her visit.

"Ah, uh, hi." Alec stuttered and my heart raced.

"Alexander." I smiled. He had called me! I was beyond thrilled. No, Magnus calm down, he probably just needs another favor. "What can I do for you?"

"Um, it's, uh, can you come to the institute?" He asked and I finally realized how faint his voice was.

"Alec, what's wrong?" I demanded completely forgetting Camille's presence.

"Magnus?" Someone else spoke.

"Yes. Who is this? What happened to Alec?" I growled. Something was very wrong.

"It's Alec, he got poisoned. Can you help him? Nothing we're doing is helping. I'm his sister Isabelle." The voice said.

"I'm on my way." I hung up and almost opened a portal before remembering Camille.

"I need you to leave." I said to her.

"And why is that?" She sneered. "Because of a shadowhunter?"

"It doesn't matter. Leave." I used my magic to open the door.

"You know he's just going to use you." She walked closer to me.

"And yet I don't care. Now out with you my dear." I used my magic to push her softly towards the door and finally she dissapeared.

I made a portal and jumped through. When I saw Alec shivering and unconscious I knew in that moment he could use me however he wanted.

"Alexander, darling, I need you to wake up." I whispered as I grabbed his hand and let my magic flow into him.

A/N Thank you for getting my book up to 567 on the fanfiction list. That's really cool! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it was a bit different but I loved writing it.