2. The Waiting Game

A/N Hey everyone!  I'm so sorry for the delay. My wattpad wasn't letting me upload, but it took me a couple of days to notice. I finally got it fixed so I'll be back to daily updates. Fyi there's texting in this one which I do it like this:

Alec: I'm ready.

Magnus: we still have 2 hours

Alec: can we just leave now?

Magnus: sorry Alexander but I'm finishing up some things

See Jace! He doesn't want to go. He's trying to get out of it. Alec shoved his phone in Jace's face so that Jace honestly couldn't read anything on it.

"I'm sure that's not what he's saying. Now get your phone out of my face please." Jace grabbed the phone from Alec and read it. "He just can't leave early. He still wants to go." Jace said blandly.

"Are you sure? Maybe he just doesn't like me and this is his way of showing that. Remember in that movie? Isn't this a sign?" Alec say cross-legged on his bed.

Jace shook his head. "I can't believe Clary and Izzy made you watch He's Just Not That Into You with them. Magnus is seriously into you Alec. He literally saved you from dying for free I might add."

"Yeah, but that's his job as high warlock. He saves people." Alec shrugged his shoulders.

"Mundanes and downworlders yes, but shadowhunters no.  And no matter what he expects payment. Now Alec please just calm down and let us move on." Jace ran his fingers through his hair.

Alec: okay. Can't wait.

Magnus: Me neither ;) Don't worry about your sleeping bag. I got us one.

Alec scoffed. "Share a sleeping bag? That's not what you do while camping. You should always be prepared."

"What?" Jace raised his eyebrow at his parabatai.

"Oh sorry. Magnus said that he got us a sleeping bag so I shouldn't bring mine."

"Alec..." Jace laughed at his brother. How could Alec be so naive with him and Isabelle as siblings?

"What?"

"He means he wants to share it with you." Jace paused but Alec remained confused. "He wants to you know sleep in it with you like-"

Alec's cheeks burned red. "Ohhh. Okay that makes more sense."

"By the angel I honestly don't know if you are ready for this." Jace pulled out his phone.

Jace: Magnus you're scaring him. He is a mess. Can I at least tell him where you're going?

Magnus: I would assume so, but it's more fun to surprise him. If you break our promise I'll do something you don't like. *quack quack*

Jace: Fine. Just hurry or I might kill him myself.

Magnus:  Patience herondale.

"Who are you texting?" Alec leaned over to look at Jace's phone but he turned off the screen.

"Just Clary." He shrugged. "How about we spar while we wait?"

"Okay. That might help." Alec led the way to the mats in the room next to his.

They each picked up a long wooden staff and faced each other.

Alec attacked first. He fought Jace like his life depended on it. He struck him in the shoulder, then swept it under his legs, hot him in the gut, and finally held it against his throat.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Jace rubbed his throat as he got up painfully. Then Alec took him out yet again.

"No, you were right. I'm feeling much better. Thanks." Alec smiled.

"I don't." Jace whined.

"The world doesn't revolve around you Jace. " Alec smirked. "But I seem to."

Alec spun again and this time he hit Jace on every side of his body. Then he laughed as Jace fell to his knees.

"Have I gotten better or have you gotten worse?" Alec held his hand out to help Jace up.

"What do you think Magnus meant with that weird smile? Do you think that meant he was excited or was it a shrug?" Jace teased.

"It was obviously a wink." Alec said but then his mind took off on all of the possibilities. Jace used the moment to take him out. Alec landed on his back hard. "You did that on purpose. That's cheating."

"Maybe but guess what?"

"What?"

"It's time for you to go."

"Really? Maybe I shouldn't. I'm all sweaty." Alec looked down at his clean clothes no sweat to be found.

"Go Alec." Have pushed him to his room. "Give me your phone."

"I'll need it with me incase you need me here."

"We won't. Now go." Jace held out his hand until Alec finally dropped his phone in it.

Magnus was standing at the window waiting for Alec to notice him.

Alec turned, picked up his bag, and walked to the window. He dropped his bag when he saw Magnus. He was wearing only a pair of multi-colored shorts that were much shorter than anything Alec would wear and sunglasses.

"Magnus!" He leapt out the window into his arms and kissed him.

"Alexander." Magnus chuckled at his reaction. "Shall we go?"

"Where are we going?" Alec asked, picking up his bag again.

"You'll see when we get there."