4. Proposal

Magnus moved his hand so that is was behind his back and clutched it around the box with the ring in it. He slowly walked towards Alec and smiled. He was beautiful. Magnus had no idea how he had gotten so lucky, but by the angel he was grateful.

"Alexander, you are the most perfect thing in my life; you filled the hole in my heart that I didn't even know I had. You are the last thing I want to see before I go to sleep and the first thing I want to see in the morning for the rest of my life. These years with you have been better than I thought possible. Even when we argue I still love you more than words can express." Magnus brushed his hand over Alec's cheek and took a deep breath.

Magnus knelt down on both knees and pulled the box out from behind his back. "Will you marry me?"

Alec turned over and let out a soft snore.

Magnus chuckled and patted Alec's leg. "Once you're awake we'll do this for real."

Magnus hid the ring in the nightstand drawer and used his magic to tuck Alec into the bed before sliding in next to him. He kissed Alec's lips softly and whispered, "I love you."

-----

"Good morning," Alec said in a husky voice. He had just woken up to a kiss from Magnus.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Magnus smiled down at him. He was on his stomach with his arms folded under his chin as he looked at Alec.

"I'm so sorry I fell asleep last night." Alec smiled in apology.

"I will admit that I was impressed. You fell asleep in under a minute." Magnus chuckled. "And you missed something very exciting."

"Did I?" Alec gently pushed Magnus so he'd roll over to his back. Alec laid on top of him and kissed the corner of his mouth. "What did I miss?"

"Well, there was a little something that I wanted to ask you," Magnus said as Alec kissed the other corner of his mouth.

"What was that?" Alec kissed him on the tip of the nose then moved to his throat and sucked hard enough to leave his mark.

"Ah, uh." Magnus murmured as he tried to focus but with Alec kissing him like that it was impossible.

"Cat got your tongue?" Alec teased and kissed Magnus, making sure to nip his tongue gently.

"Alexander..." Magnus said in reverance.

"Yes, Magnus?" Alec raised an eyebrow at him playfully.

This was the side of Alec that was reserved for only Magnus and Magnus loved it. He got to have Alexander while the rest of the world only got Alec. Magnus loved both parts of him, but it was Alexander that he had fallen in love with, which was why he only sometimes called his boyfriend by his full name.

Magnus rolled over so that he was on top of Alec and pulled his arms up over his head. He held them there with one hand and kissed him hard. "I love you."

"I love you too," Alec said then broke free and got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Magnus asked with a groan.

"The bathroom," Alec smirked and went inside. He picked up his folded shirt and extracted the ring from it. He was glad that he had learned simple magic tricks or he wouldn't have been able to get the ring from his pants pocket before Magnus had grabbed them. He popped open the box and looked at the glamorous, yet still manly ring, well the manliest ring that was covered in diamonds that he could find.

"Hurry up!" Magnus complained with laughter in his voice.

"Close your eyes," Alec called back.

"Okay," Magnus responded.

"Really close them, Mag." Alec peeked out and saw Magnus watching him like he knew he would be.

"Fine." Magnus closed them and covered them with his hand.

Alec hurried out and knelt in front of him. "Marry me."

"Wha-?" Magnus opened his eyes and looked at Alec, then the ring, then back to Alec. "Hell no."

Alec looked more confused than hurt. "Why not?"

"Because I asked you first!" Magnus twirled his hand and the ring for Alec appeared in his hand.

"When?" Alec scrunched up his face.

"Last night."

"When?"

"You were asleep."

"I don't think that counts."

"Oh, so this is a game now?"

"No," Alec laughed, "but if it were I think I won."

"I hate you." Magnus crossed his arms and lifted his chin in disgust.

"So, is that a yes?" Alec cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Of course it is but let me do mine too. Yours was just so Alec, you know?" Magnus rolled his eyes.

Alec laughed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"No flourish or flare." Magnus looked at the ring again. "Then again, this ring does have a lot of glitter..."

"What can I say? I know my man." Alec carressed Magnus's cheek. "I love you more than I knew possible. I know that I'm not the easiest guy to get close to and I make mistakes but I hope that you'll look beyond my flaws and love me for who I am trying to be."

Alec wiped away the stray tear rolling down Magnus's cheek.

"Now that was an Alexander proposal. I love you." Magnus kissed him.

"Did you want to add anything to that?" Alec asked.

"I said it all last night. It's your own fault for being asleep." Magnus shrugged and kissed him again. "Now get that damn ring on my finger!"

A/N Hope it was worth the wait! What did you think? Did I get you with the first proposal? Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! Also, I am going to do a contest I just haven't decided exactly what for yet, but I'll post it in an A/N when I do.

Do you want more of this storyline or do you want me to go to the next?