6. Our Place

Answer: Color! But I also love things that sparkle..

Magnus laid back and cursed up to the sky. Why did he have to say that? He should have just stayed quiet. He looked up at the tree above him where a pair of mismatched shoes hung. He smiled remembering the day they had thrown them up there.

"How can we claim this spot?" Alec asked as he flopped down under the tree in the small park next to the little pond.

"We could carve our initials into the tree?" Magnus offered and shrugged.

"No, that's too chick flicky." Alec folded his arm and leaned back resting his head on it.

"What about if we put something of ours here?"

Alec cocked an eyebrow at him. "This is New York, it'll be gone before we're five feet away."

"True," Magnus rubbed his chin then sprung to his feet. "I've got it! Give me your shoe."

"Why?" Alec eyed him suspiciously.

"Don't stall with pointless questions and give me your shoe, dammit." Magnus chuckled.

"Fine." Alec sat up and untied his sneaker. "Here." He handed it to Magnus who was already holding up his own.

Magnus tied them together loving the look of the black and gold laces twined together. "Pretty boy," He kicked Alec's leg. "I need your arm."

"Why?"

"Didn't I say something about pointless questions?" Magnus teased and held out his hand. Alec took it and jumped to his feet. "Now throw them as high as you can."

"Really?" Alec asked him and looked up at the tree.

"Yes."

Alec chucked them and they wrapped around a tree limb high up in the tree.

"Now, it's ours and we'll always know it." Magnus smiled at him.

"That's great and all but did you happened to bring an extra pair of shoes for us to get home?" Alec asked and Magnus's eyes widened.

"Shit." Magnus groaned. Alec burst out laughing. He grabbed Magnus's shoulder to keep from falling over as he laughed harder.

"You're a dick." Magnus shook his head.

"Give me your shoe." Alec said once he had stopped laughing.

"Why?"

"What was that you said about asking pointless questions?" Alec smirked.

"What was that about me calling you a dick?" Magnus retorted as he pulled off his shoe and handed it to Alec.

Alec quickly put it on and leaned over. "Get on."

"Seriously?" Magnus asked him with a look of surprise.

"Unless you'd rather walk home barefoot." Alec shrugged and stood up straight.

"No, wait." Magnus leapt forward and wrapped his arms and legs around Alec, clinging like a newborn monkey to his mother. "Talley Ho, to home we go!" Magnus shouted with his arm shooting out in front of them.

A/N I thought we could use a chapter that's cute and happy for a breath of fresh air before diving back in. But, Tally ho, here we go! I'll post the next chapter later today. 

Question: What should I name my new kitten? (Also, can I just say she sits perfectly on my chest while I write) My sister found her in her yard almost dead and how could I say no. She's black and gray with a tiny gold/orange mark on her forehead like a glittery crown. Just like the perfect mix of Alec and Magnus. Time to go buy toys!