8. Chariots Away

"Jace, come on, hurry." Alec slammed his fist against the bathroom door in their shared room.

"You're not the only one who's going out tonight." Jace yelled back over the sound of the shower.

"But, I'm the only one who matters right now!" Alec called out and knocked on the door again.

"Ego alert!" Jace laughed.

"I'm just being like you." Alec finally used a credit card to unlock the door and went in "Cover up what you don't want me to see."

"Shit!" Jace grabbed a towel and turned off the water. "Who are you and what have you done with Alec?"

"I've destroyed his life and he ran away." Alec said as he wet his hair down.

Jace grabbed Alec's shoulder and met his eyes in the mirror. "You're going to be great."

"If not I guess I can always just date you, right?" 

"Of course man. But no funny business. I'll eat food and watch movies. If you want action you'll make this thing work with what's his name." Jace smiled and stepped out of the bathroom.

"You're a boring date." Alec teased then looked at himself in the mirror with a smile. "And his name is Magnus."

"Right. So, have you figured out the chariot thing?" Jace asked from his side of the room.

"I think so." Alec shrugged.

"What?"

"I don't want to tell you. It's embarrassing and you'll laugh." Alec said. 

"Come on, that's the point of being your friend. Sure, I'll probably laugh but I'll also never let you live it down."

"And how does that make me want to share it with you?" Alec laughed.

"You know you want to." Jace peaked his head back in the bathroom.

"Nope." Alec grabbed his jacket and hurried out the door.

----

"Clary, it's going to be fine. Need I remind you that I won the bet, twice." Magnus said into the phone as he shuffled through his closet. 

"Right, about that..." Clary's voice sounded sneaky. She was smiling.

"What? I know it looked like I fell on him which would make it an accident but it wasn't. And actually, it happened three times." Magnus found the perfect outfit and pulled it off the hanger.

"Yeah, well Jace and I..." Clary started to say then stopped.

"What about you and the asshole?" 

"Well, we sort of made out right after you guys disappeared and I'm going out with him tonight."

"What?!" Magnus dropped his phone from surprise. He scrambled to pick it up. "I thought you hated him."

"Well, yeah, but he's hot and funny and a great kisser. I mean like damn great." Clary touched her lips remembering the feeling.

"You're dead to me." Magnus laughed.

"Now, we both know that's not true." Clary heard a knock at her door. "I better go. Call me after."

"We'll see." Magnus shook his head then he heard a knock at his door.

"He's her!" He ripped off his clothes and pulled on the new outfit before rushing to the door. 

"Alexander." He said as he opened the door then his jaw dropped. 

A/N Sorry, but I didn't have much time. I'll post the second part later today. I promise. What do you think Alec did?