Date Night

Finally, they were having a date night. It had been weeks since they were able to have an actual night off. No matter what they planned something got in the way.

Alec had dropped the kids off with Simon and was almost back home. He has no idea what Magnus had planned for them but he was excited.

"Honey, I'm home!" He called out as he walked inside. But to his surprise there was no response. "Magnus?"

He closed the door and walked through the family room, kitchen, and finally their room. Magnus was no where to be seen.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone and clicked on the contact that he still hadn't gotten around to changing since Simon got into his phone. Apparently if they watched some mundane shows and read some mundane things he'd understand what OTP meant and why Magnus was half of one.

The phone rang and rang until going to voicemail. "This is the high warlock of brooklyn, leave a message and I might get back to you."

"Magnus where are you? The boys are gone and you're late. Call me." Alec hung up and dropped onto the couch which gave him a great view of the house. It was very messy. Since he was waiting on Magnus who had clearly forgotten about their date he decided to clean up.

He started with the family room. Then he moved to the boys' room. They really needed to go through everything. Half of the stuff he put away he hasn't seen the boys play with in months. Yes, next week they'd have a purge. He checked the time and saw that Magnus was over an hour late.

He called again. And once again he left a message. "Magnus call me back. I'm worried."

An hour later the entire house was clean and Magnus hadn't called. Alec was pissed. This was their first date in weeks and Magnus was no where to be seen. He poured a second glass of some brown liquid. Magnus would know what it was but Alec didn't care.

He finally called again, okay maybe it was really his tenth call. "Magnus Bane get your ass home or just call."

"Alexander what are you doing here?" Magnus called out as he sauntered into the kitchen where Alec was sitting on a barstool.

"What am I doing here? What took you do long? I've been waiting hours." Alec turned to Magnus angrily.

"What are you talking about? I've been waiting at the restaurant for hours." Magnus stepped closer. He was fuming; he had looked like an idiot at the place, sitting alone not eating while there were people waiting for tables.

"What restaurant?" Alec finally realized that they were both equally confused.

"The one on 5th St. Remember it's where we went on our first date after we were officially dating." Magnus explained.

"Yeah I know the place but how was I supposed to know about going there." Alec raised an eyebrow at Magnus.

"Because that was the plan. Go there then come back here. That was the surprise." Magnus spoke with his hands.

"Magnus," Alec tried to stay angry but he couldn't. He chuckled then shook his head.

"What's so funny?" Magnus asked, irritated. Did Alec not care about standing him up.

"Sorry, baby,  I'm not laughing at you. Honest." Alec cleared his throat. "But did you happen to forget something about that surprise?"

"No. I made the reservations, I got you a gift,  I ordered our food ahead of time, and I wrote the letter with instructions for you." Magnus ticked things off on his fingers as he spoke.

"And where is the letter, Magnus?" Alec smiled.

Magnus patted his fushia suit front pocket. "Right here so I don't lose-"

Finally a light flickered in Magnus's eyes and he groaned. "Son of a bitch! I never gave you the letter. You had no idea what we were doing. I feel like an idiot."

Alec chuckled and covered Magnus's hand with his own. He could feel his heart beating through both of their hands. "At least you're a cute idiot."

Magnus shook his head in disbelief, when had he become that guy? The one that forgets things. "I'm so sorry darling."

"You do have some making up to do but I forgive you. Why didn't you just answer your phone?" Alec asked.

"My phone?" Magnus pointed to the drawer in the kitchen. "I left it home so we could have alone time. Now I'm realizing that even if it's romantic maybe I should have brought it."

Alec smiled at Magnus and leaned in closer. "Yes, or better yet next time you could bring your boyfriend on the date with you."

"That might be a good idea." Magnus chuckled and reached his free hand up to cup Alec's cheek. "How about I make this up to you."

"I'm listening." Alec whispered huskily. Then his lips were on Magnus's. He wasn't sure who had started the kiss and he didn't care.

Magnus's lips parted and Alec's tongue took the invitation. He sparred with Magnus's as he moved his hands to Magnus's suit jacket. Without breaking the kiss Alec slid Magnus's suit jacket off of him and let it drop on the floor before going to the buttons on his shirt.

Magnus pulled away but only for a second before talking kisses down Alec's neck. Alec moaned as Magnus found a particularly sensitive spot.

"Clothes." Alec hissed as his hands splayed out on Magnus's bare chest.

"Yours." Magnus murmured and fumbled with Alec's shirt until finally they pulled apart so they could yank it over his head.

They stumbled to their room while pulling off other articles of clothing. Then Magnus pushed Alec back so he fell onto the bed. He smiled up at his boyfriend as Magnus slowly straddled him. Alec couldn't wait, he sat up and captured Magnus's lips in another fiery kiss.

A/N Hope you enjoyed! I thought we needed a little Malec sexy time. Let me know if there's anything you want me to write about. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting.
And if you want you can check out my book Healing the Unbreakable.