6. Falling For Magnus

"Hello, Lightwoods." Raphael said with a smile on his lips.

They seemed to be arguing about something but then they got in. Izzy gave his shoulder a squeeze.

"You must be Raphael. I'm Izzy and this is my brother, Alec." She said as Alec sat with his arms crossed.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you in person." He backed out of the driveway and started towards his apartment.

Izzy and Raphael chatted the whole way as Alec stared out the window grumpily. Raphael worried that they had made a mistake but then Izzy leaned over and whispered something to her brother whose demeanor completely changed. He almost even smiled, it looked like.

Raphael gave her a confused look.

"I told him that if he stops being a grumpy ass I'll add another hour to our range time." She whispered.

"Iz, we're in a car. I can hear you." Alec rolled his eyes.

"I know." Izzy stuck her tongue out at him.

"We're almost there." Raphael announced as he got off the freeway.

"And where is there?" Alec asked.

"You'll see." Izzy and Raphael said at the same time.

Raphael parked and jumped out. Izzy was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet already out and waiting for Alec who took his time.

"It's apartment 304 if you want to go ahead. I need to grab the mail real quick." Raphael said and walked away.

"Izzy, what the hell is going on and what are we doing here?" Alec demanded.

"You'll see. Let's go." Izzy started to jog up the stairs and Alec begrudgingly followed her.

"300, 302, 304." Izzy stopped and knocked on the door. "Shit, I forgot my phone in the car. I'll be right back."

Izzy ran off and met Raphael where he was hiding so they could watch.

"Wait, don't leave me." Alec called out then froze when the door opened.

"I've told you hundreds of times. Don't lock the door if you're going to forget your keys." Magnus said then looked in front of him. That was not Raphael. "It's you."

"Ah, yeah?" Alec gave him a confused look because that was exactly what he had been thinking. It was him.

"Come in."

"No." Alec turned around. He was going to kill his sister for real this time.

Magnus felt his heart sink but didn't let that stop him. He grabbed Alec's arm. "Wait, I'm sorry about this being a surprise but I'm glad you're here. Please come in."

"I already said no. I didn't want to come so I'll just get a taxi." Alec shot back. How could his sister have done this to him? He was humiliated.

This was the guy from the contest. He had made his stance about it clear. He wanted nothing to do with it. It didn't help that he had gone through a bunch of the guy's old videos and found out that he wasn't just a pretty face, he was intelligent, funny, and perfect. In short: he was danger.

Magnus watched the emotions on Alec's face. He couldn't tell if he was going to bolt, kiss him, or run inside. Magnus would be fine with either of the last two options.

But, instead Alec turned and fell on his ass. Magnus stared at him in shock for a full minute before reacting. What had just happened?

"Are you okay?" Magnus asked, finally unfreezing. He offered a hand to help Alec up.

"I'm fine." Alec's cheeks were bright red as he accepted Magnus's hand.

"What happened?" Magnus asked trying so hard not to laugh.

"I'm, um, ah, you know?" Alec stumbled over his words and foot again but this time he fell against Magnus.

"Falling for me?" Magnus asked with a smile.

Alec didn't pull away immediately. Instead he looked up into Magnus's tawny eyes and saw the laughter in them. He couldn't help it. He burst out laughing. Of course this was how his first meeting with a guy he was into would go. Leave it to Alec to practically attack him with his lack of walking skills.

A/N Hope the wait was worth it! It's been killing me to wait this long to write it haha. But, don't worry; there's more, so much more! Okay, maybe not so much, but you get what I'm saying.

Also, I've read a couple of your contest entries. They're great and I can't wait to read the rest of them! If you're ever worried about me not getting yours you can pm or message me on my board.

Vote: Real life brotp Matt and Dominic or Kat and Emeraude.