Day at the Lake

Magnus took Alec's hand in his own as they sat on the couch. They normally sat like this early in the morning, Alec leaning against him with a chipped blue mug in his hand. Magnus woke up before Alec and put on the pot of coffee so his boyfriend wouldn't have to. Magnus and Jace had planned a surprise for his boyfriend.

Alec had been working extra hard lately because of the demons attacking the city but the whole gang knew that he and all of them needed a break so Magnus planned one.

"Sweet pea are you ready to go?" Magnus asked looking down at his sleepy boyfriend.

"I'm not a sweet pea." Alec grumbled and cuddled closer.

"Well then Sleeping Beauty let's go." Magnus, with no further warning, opened a portal and leapt through dragging Alec with him.

"Shit! What was that for?" Alec demanded as his coffee was thrown from his hand and he landed on grass. There was a big Lake in front of them.

"Surprise!" Magnus shouted and Alec steadied himself before noticing that Jace, Clary, Simon, and Izzy were standing in front of them looking equally confused.

"Magnus what the hell?!" Jace stomped over to them.

"What? We planned this trip together." Magnus shrugged and looked at Alec. "We thought you could use a break."

"Magnus you forgot to tell us when." Clary said while holding back an annoyed Jace.

"Oh my, I knew I was forgetting something." He chuckled as Jace went red.

"And we agreed that we'd go to a pool instead of the lake..." Jace looked around like he was looking for an enemy to pop up at him.

"Don't worry, Jace, I'll keep you safe from the big scary ducks." Simon teased in a voice usually reserved for talking to babies.

"Shut up." Alec demanded. "No one has explained why we are here yet!"

"Yes we did darling, we're here for a break. Now who wants to swim?" Magnus snapped his fingers and all of their clothes were magically turned into swimsuits.

"Wahoo!" Izzy danced around in her red bikini and Simon gawked at her.

"Like what you see?" Izzy asked Simon but before he could respond she added, "of course you do, now come on."

Izzy practically dragged Simon to the dock and then dove into the water. Simon belly flopped painfully.

"Shall we?" Clary asked Jace then added quietly, "don't worry I really well protect you from the ducks."

"I don't know what you're taking about." He puffed out his chest then mouthed his thank you. 

Magnus and Alec followed behind them walking slowly, holding hands and swinging them back and forth.

"Did you really do all of this for me?" Alec asked when he the table that was covered in food and drinks.

"Of course. My Nephilim may be a badass but he also needs a break sometimes." Magnus booped him on the nose and then ran away towards the water. "Try and catch me shadowhunter!"

Alec laughed then sprinted after him. "Hey that's cheating!" He yelled as his warlock used his magic to move stealthily over the water without touching it.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Have pointed out and deftly grabbed Magnus's ankle to trip him. Magnus fell on his face and sank into the water. When he came up splattering he smacked Jace on the back of the head.

"What was that for?" Magnus growled.

"What? I'm his parabatai." Jace shrugged. "I'm always on his team."

"If that's how we're going to play then I get Izzy and Clary." Magnus called out.

"No way. Clary's with me." Jace wrapped his arm around his girlfriend but she quickly reached up and dunked him.

"That was for your snoring." Clary squinted her eyes at Jace as he came up for air then splashed him. "And that was for this morning!"

"What happened this morning?" Simon asked as he treaded water next to them. He had a goofy grin on his face.

"You don't want to know." Jace shook his head.

"So it's decided then. Magnus and the girls versus us." Alec declared.

"We're the glitter team!" Magnus shouted and glitter fell on them from the sky.

"I have no idea what is going on!" Simon flung his arms up in the air.

"That's normal for you, you should be used to it by now." Alec said sarcastically.

"Pay up!" Jace held out his hand to Clary. "I told you sassy Alec would show up within the first half hour."

"Dammit Simon. You owe me ten bucks." Clary slapped Jace's hand and he grabbed on so he could pull her close. He kissed her passionately before pulling away.

"Wait why do I owe you ten bucks?" Simon was confused aping with Izzy who had been laying on her back ignoring them all.

"Obviously because she had to kiss that." Alec rolled his eyes. "Honestly Simon. You make it so hard to be nice."

"Come on!" Simon glared.

"It's okay baby. I still like you." Izzy climbed on his back.

"Thank you. I like you too." Simon rubbed his hand over her arm.

"Wahoo! Start the parade! Izzy lightwood, the girl who loves literally everything just likes you!" Alec waved his hand like he was holding a small flag.

"Oh how I've missed this side of you." Magnus laughed. "If nothing else I love your ability to be a complete mundane Simon."

"Thanks?" Simon pouted.

"Now let's have some chicken fights since we're no longer on teams clearly." Jace declared.

"I'm on Alec's team!" Clary leapt at Alec.

"No way, he's mine." Magnus tried to yank her off of his blushing boyfriend.

"No, he's tall. I need him." Clary whined.

"She has a point Magnus." Alec pointed out and swam to where he could touch with Clary still on him.

Simon and Izzy were already there and arguing in hushed tones.

"Simon get down." Izzy shoved him down and got on his shoulders.

"Wait a second. Do you expect me to get on Magnus's shoulders?" Jace looked between them all.

"Of course not darling. I prefer being on top." Magnus winked.

"No way in hell is that happening." Jace declared and they all looked at him shocked. Alec looked hurt. It hit him that maybe Jace really wasn't okay with him and Magnus. He had thought his parabatai was okay with his lifestyle but maybe he wasn't.

"We can trade." Izzy said trying to diffuse the sudden tension.

"No it's fine." Jace grumbled and Magnus seeing the shame on Alec's face got pissed.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Magnus asked.

"Yes I do." Jace then smiled and stuck his tongue out. "You're going to get glitter on me and I already sparkle enough from my charming personality."

"Oh my gosh, Jace! Izzy smacked him from on Simon's shoulders where she still was.

"I can't believe I married you." Clary hung her head.

"Consider yourself lucky. I'm the one attached heart, soul, and mind." Alec said in a calm voice relieved that his parabatai was just an idiot rather than embarrassed of him. "I've had to deal with his ego for over a decade."

"You love me." Jace teased.

"How about we all just kill Jace?" Simon offered.

"I have a better idea." Magnus snapped his fingers and Jace was instantly covered in an inch thick layer of glitter.

Sorry it's kinda lame and it's been so long since the last update. Tomorrow's will be better I promise!