Chapter 17

~Serenity's POV~

I open my eyes to see nothing, but darkness. Well....So what to do? Hmmm. Oh! I can use my phone for light! I take out my phone and turn it on. I use it to look around only to be scared half to death with my kidnapper. I text Amanda as fast as I could.

TO: Amanda

OMB! JEM-

Jeremy attempted to take my phone so, as he was trying, I hit send. Let's hope she gets it. AGHH! WHY!?

~Ellie POV~

"WHERE IS SHE!?" I ask, running around the mall.

"Maybe she went home? We've covered every inch of this mall. Not to mention we texted her at least a hundred times! She's not here." Harry tried to calm me down. I sighed in defeat. 

"Ok. Let's go." I said disappointedly. We all went to the car and drove home in silence. 

When we got there, we looked everywhere. And I mean everywhere! 

I fall on the couch, face first. Where is she!? "Guys! I got a text!" Amanda yells. My head shoots up. When I look at her, her face is pale, like really pale. Her face never gets pale! I get up and walk over to her.

"Let me see." I sigh and take her phone. I almost dropped her phone. "Jem" I say inaudibly. 

"What? Who?" Liam asks. "Jem?" I nod.

"who's that?" Niall sniffles. He's been trying to hold back tears ever since we got home.

"M-my half br-brother" I stutter, still in shock. "How'd he get out of jail?" I question, more to myself though. 

"What!?" Harry yells jumping up. That actually brought me back. You know, out of my shock. 

"Tell them the story, El" Amanda tells me. I sigh.

"Ok, so this is a story about my half brother, Jeremy." I start, feeling a little bit more confident. I sit back down on the couch. "Well, two years after my parents got married, my mom cheated on my dad and had a son. Well, my d didn't find that out until I was three. So, he tells my mom to get rid of him. So, Jem goes off to live with his real dad. Anyway, when he moved, he moved closer to Serenity. Jeremy has had a crush on her since he was five and she was three." I pause a second. "Now, I can't emphasize this enough. Jem is an asshole. He is the biggest of douches. When he grew up, he got more and more dick-y-er. He would just use girls, not even as human when he was, what, sixteen? Yeah, around then at least.  And also around that time he started dating Serenity." I have been staring at my lap this entire time. "Well, ummmm, he was kinda, ummm, abusive." I scratched the back of my neck. "He would verbally abuse me, but I didn't take offence because I gave it right back. Ummm, but he kinda, ummm, physically abuse Serenity and she didn't do anything about it! And well, ummm, he cheated on Serenity and raped tis other girl. I found out and called his dad. His dad is a lawyer. Jem openly admitted that he did it so we didn't have to go to court. He got five years in prison. Now he's back and I don't know why! It was last year he got arrested. I finally finished and look up to see shocked, concerned, sad, and angrey faces.

"Ummmm." Zayn stutters.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Niall shouts while standing up. I literally jumped and fell off the couch. "WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!" I ave not seen him like this.

"Niall, calm down, mate." Liam tries to reason with him.

"i CAN'T CALM DOWN WHEN SERENITY IS WITH THAT DICK!" Now I'm kinda cowarding more to the floor. Well, at least until Harry helps me up. "I MEAN SERIOUSL-" Niall began, but I cut him off.

"NIALL SHUT UP" and he did as he was told. "I know you're upset, but seriously have some faith! Serenity and I have had to deal with him before we even met you! We've dealt with him before and we can deal with him now!"

"Oh my god. she has to deal with him again." Niall said and I face palmed.

"NIALL THAT'S NOT MY POINT!" I shouted.

"THEN WHAT IS!?"

"You have to trust her." I say calmly

"I know, but-"

"but nothing" I cut him off.  "You don't have a choice." He sighs and sits down. I walk over and sit next to Harry and Amanda. "Do you think he has the same number?" I ask, thinking  out loud.

"I don't know." Amanda sighs. 

'WELL TRY!" Louis shouts.

"Ok. OK" I pull out my phone and dialed his number. It rang three times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" none other than Jeremy answered.

_____________________________________________________________________________

dedication goes to teampinkiepie because she would not stop spamming me to update!