Chapter 45

Niall POV

I was sitting on Serenity's bed, watching her as she cried. I tried to comfort her, but she wouldn't let me. It hurt too. Not being able to comfort your girlfriend when she really needs it is the worst thing that could possibly happen. And now it's happening.

"Serenity" I say softly. "Please tell me, who did this?"

"C-C-C-Carter." She stuttered.

"Who's that, love?"

"A-A guy at-at the s-store."

"How did he get you alone? I know you're smart enough not to follow a random stranger into an isolated room."

"I-I could-dnt f-find th-the br-bread and h-he worked th-there. He-he said it-it was in the b-back and to f-follow h-him. I di-didn't know he-he would do so-something l-like th-that." Serenity try's to explain. I'm surprised I can actually understand her through her sobs. The more she talked, the more upset I got for her, and the madder I got at this Carter prick.

"Why would he do that?" I asked, more to myself than to my distressed love.

"I-I-I don't know"

"When did this happen?"

"Th-this morning wh-when I went to the st-store to get fo-food."

"Okay. It's okay, love. I promise I will find who did this. Do you know what he looks like?"

"He-he had bl-blue eyes, br-brown hair, and it was cu-curly." She explained.

"Like Harry's hair?" I asked, trying to get a visual.

"No." She shook her head. "Not that cu-curly." I nodded.

"Is there anything I can do?" She shook her head again.

"Ju-just get A-A-Amanda." I nodded, though I didn't want to leave. I knew better though. The only way I was going to be able to help her was to leave. It killed me inside.

I walked into the other room and told Amanda that Serenity wanted her. I would've sent Ellie in there too, but 1) Serenity said Amanda and 2) she was on the phone.

"No! I don't know what he looks like! I know that doesn't help, but I don't know what to do at this point. She in hysterics and can barely make a sentence!" Ellie explained through the phone while pacing back and forth. "Look, I understand that you can't do anything until she calms down! But what else am I supposed to do!? Just watch as she freaks out about something that I had no control over!? I can't just sit around and wait!"

"Ellie? Who are you-" I started, but got cut off by her waving at me to shut up.

"What do you need me to do? If I could get her to draw a fucking picture I would!.........Okay. Let me see what I can do. Just, give me a few minutes." Ellie left the room with her phone, leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

I really need somebody too. Everybody is focused on Serenity. Don't get me wrong, she needs it way more than I do, but this is hard on me too. I couldn't do anything! She didn't want to tell me! If I was here, this would've happened. She would've been the free spirited and bubbly Serenity that I love. Now she's afraid of me for something I didn't do and it's killing me. She's crying her heart out and there's nothing I can do to help her. She's probably terrified and I can't make it better. I can only make her more afraid, thinking that she can't trust me. She probably thinks that I'll do the same thing! That hurts even more.

"Okay, he has blue eyes, pale complexion, and brown wavy hair- Niall? What's wrong? No not you, give me a second." I look up at Ellie as she sets her phone on the table and sits next to me. "Why are you crying?" She asks, concern, worry, stress, and sadness in her eyes. I hadn't even realized I was crying.