Chapter 26

*~*Ellie's POV*~*

"What happened?!" I shouted.

"Jem. Niall. Flat. Help." Serenity says between sobs.

"HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET OUT!" I yelled to no one in particular.

"I don't know" she hiccups. I grab my phone and dial Niall's flat. "Pick up, pick up, pick upppppp." I whispered

Under my breath.

"Hello?" someone answered.

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET OUT OF JAIL?!" I yelled.

"Uncle Dean bailed me out." Jem replied calmly.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD HE DO THAT? AND WHAT IN GODS NAME IS UP WITH NIALL!?"

"You mad?"

"OH, I AM BEYOND MAD! I AM FUCKING PISSED!" I yelled.

"I can tell. Didn't you say you were going to stop cussing?" I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"YOU CAN SHUT UP AND ANSWER MY QUESTION!"

"Now what question was that?"

"WHAT HAPPENED TO NIALL?"

"Do you want to talk to him?" he asked.

"Yes." I say, kinda nervous at what he would sound like. I don't know what Jem has done to him, but for some reason, I don't want to find out.

"Hello?" a weak, Irish accent filled my ears.

"What happened?" I ask softly. It sound like he was actually in pain. I felt like it was my fault.

"Jem, ca-came out of no-no where and ju-just started beating the shit out of m-me." Niall stuttered.

"Ok. That's all I needed to here. Now we are on our way, but don't say anything, just put Jem back on the phone." I looked over at Liam and tossed him my keys that were on the table. I mouthed 'Niall's' and we went outside.

"Hey there sis! How's it hanging!?" Jem said as if nothing was wrong or nothing happened.

"Shut up. Why did Dean bail you out?" I said, angry.

"Because I'm his son." he said in a 'duh' tone as I got in the car sitting next to Harry. "Why wouldn't he?"

"Because you deserve to be in jail! Aren't you at least on probation or something?!"

"Nope." he replied popping the 'p'. I huffed and tried to think of something to say.

"He shouldn't be spending all that money on you. Just because he's a lawyer doesn't mean he can spend half of it on bail money." I scoffed.

"Well obviously you should stop being a little bitch!" he spat back.

"Bye Jem!" I say.

"Don't you dare fucking hang up on me!"

"Why not!?"

"Because I am the only one that can hang up!" and with that he hung up! What a little douche bag!!!!

"What a little dick!" I whisper shouted at my phone. Then an idea popped in my head. "someone call Paul."

"OH MY GOD THATS BRILLIANT!" Yelled Liam. "Zayn call Paul and explain everything" Zayn nodded and started dialing his number.

"Hello? Paul?" I heard Zayn start talking into the phone, but I kinda zoned out. I wasn't really thinking about anything, just kinda staring into space.

"Ellie. Ellie. ELLIE!" I heard someone start shouting, waving a hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times and looked up. I see Zayn was the one snapping me out of whatever I was in.

"Yeah?"

"We're here" he replies.

"Fuck" I say under my breath, hoping nobody heard me. We all pile out if my van. "What did Paul say?" I ask.

"He said he'll call the cops and we need to not do anything" he said looking directly at me, and emphasizing not do anything.

"Not gonna happen. Sorry." I apologize sincerely.

"Didn't think so." Zayn laughs. I could tell it was a fake laugh though.

I look up at the apartment build and can see Jem in the window. Now that is just creepy.

I make eye contact and he just smirks. I roll my eyes and make my way to the lobby, ignoring the calls from the guys.

I stop right before I open the doors and turn around to see everyone running after me. A little late. What'd they do? Just stand there and watch me jog to the entrance, calling me name? Real effective. Did they think I'd not go in if they called my name. Ha. Or naw?

I use the stairs so I could get to Niall faster. When people mess with my friends, good luck.

I run up the stairs taking two steps at a time. I finally get to the floor Niall is on and run down the hall until I reach Niall's door. I continue to run and run right into the door because it won't open. I jiggle the handle. Locked. Fudgeeeee.

I knock lightly on the door.

"I know it's you Ellie!" Jeremy yells through the door. "And unless you still want Niall to keep his pretty face you better leave!" think Ellie think!

"Are you sure that Serenity would want you to do this!?" Silence. "Serenity isn't gonna like you anymore!" Silence. "Come one Jem! You know nothing ever lasts! That means that you could win her heart by actually being nice!"

"Fuck that shit! I'd rather scare her into staying!" He shouts back.

"But then she won't want to stay!" I try to reason with him. And trust me, this is very difficult. Jem isn't someone you want to reason with because it goes right in one ear and goes out the other. It also doesn't help that I'm mad. But I'm trying to stay calm.

"FUCK OFF ELLIE!"

"Just admit I'm right and I'll go!" I shout. Just then I hear the elevator ding. Well here comes the guys. And girls. I put my finger to my lips and telling them to be quite. "fine! I'm just going to leave then." I say through the door.

I walk to Niall's neighbor and knock quietly on his door.

When the door opens an old lady stands there. "Hi. I'm Ellie and I was wondering if I could use your balcony." I ask hopefully. She gave me a questioning look. "Please." I pleaded.

"Well alright" she finally gave in.

"Thank you soooooo much. You have no idea how much this means to me." She nods and lets me in. I look back and see a bunch of confused faces. I shrug my shoulders and smile.

When the door closes, the lady leads me to her balcony. I look outside and see what I was hoping for. Let's put my Hunger Games Survival Job to the test. (Sage and Anna will hopefully get it) I walk over to the railing and look at the distance between me and Niall's balcony. Not that far. THANK YOU LORD!

I hop on the railing, using the wall for balance, and stand there. Don't look down. Don't look down. I step to the other railing and hold onto the door frame to pull myself over. SUCCESS! I quietly get down and lay on my stomach. I then see that the curtains are drawn. Ok, so this could go one of a few ways. The door could be locked and I'm screwed, the door could be unlocked and Jem is on the other side, or three, the door is unlocked and Jem doesn't see me. If luck is on my side it's three.