Chapter 36

Ellie POV

I woke up to my mom yelling at me from the bottom of the stairs. Yesterday was tiring. I was outside, in the hot July sun, all day! Why you may ask? Well, that's a secret. That unexpected call Serenity did yesterday freaked me out, though. I am so lucky Ronnin started crying or else I don't know what I would have done. 

"ELLIE HARRY IS HERE ALREADY!" Wait, what? I lazily get out of bed and walk down the stairs in my pajamas and terrible bed head. I look to see Harry was here. I turn around to see that it was noon. Shit! We're supposed to be there at 2! It takes an hour to get there!

"CRAP!" I yell and get in the shower. I rush out in a towel and run into my room to see Harry there. "Out!" I demand. Harry just smirks and looks at me. He is such a perv. "I need to change. It takes an hour to get their. Now out." he finally gets out and I shut my door. Damn this room for not having a lock!

I change quickly and run back downstairs to the bathroom again. Is it sad to say that this is a regular thing for me? Always running around the house to get ready. At least when I here with my family. I always had to get up at 6am for school. Me being me wouldn't get up until 6:15. We would have to leave at 6:30 to make it to school on time. So this is something I'm used to. 

I get into the bathroom and dry my hair and brush my teeth. I do my makeup and put on my shoes. I look at the clock to see I still had 15 minutes to spare.We have to leave at 1, it's 12:43. I sit down next to Harry on the couch. My brother is locked in his room,I don't think he's going, and my mom just ran into the bathroom to brush her teeth I assume. 

I let out a deep breath and look at Harry who was already looking at me. "What?" I ask.

"You just showered, got dressed, did your hair and makeup, and just got ready in forty-five minutes. Zayn can't even do that!" I smiled.

"I'm used to it." I simply replied.

"How so?" That's when I started explaining.

"Wait. Why did you have to leave at 6:30?"

"I had to take my brother to school. So my mom and I had to drive a half an hour to his school, then drive another half an hour to get me to school on time."

"Ahhhh"

"It was torture," I sighed. Just then my mom walked in.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Is Dylan going?" 

"No. He doesn't want to deal with Brandon." I laughed.

"Who's Brandon?" Harry asked.

"He's my asshole of a cousin."

"Language." Mom scolded.

"It's true!" I explained.

"Yeah..." my mom sighed.  

"Let's go" I say, grabbing my iPod and phone. I put on my sunglasses an head to the car. My mom put the casserole in the passenger seat, so Harry and I are stuck in the back seat. 

Once Mom turned on the car, I rolled down my window as the wind blew my hair. It felt nice. I can't wait to see the family.

"Mom? Who's gonna be there?" I ask.

"Bobby's side should be there. I hear Rob is coming, and his new girlfriend, Candace. Ummmm, and I'm pretty sure Amy is flying in from Florida."

"Amy is in town?!" I exclaim. Amy and her boyfriend, Jimmy, moved to Florida because Jimmy got a job down there. I never see them anymore.

"Yep" my mom replied. I smiled and faced the window again. I have never been so excited to see my family. I have to admit, I like Mom's side of the family better than Dad's. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone.