Tree Climbing!!

Shiori's pov.

Ever since that day at the waterfall with Naruto, we've gotten closer. I suppose you could say were best friends now. But I always get this weird feeling when hes near me. Like my heart starts racing and my mind becomes cluttered. I don't know what to do.

I can't ask mom, shell try to kill him. Dad will just go Pervy and ask for all the juicy details. And I'm defiantly not asking niisan. That's just weird. I mean he reads dads novels.

Gross.

I sighed as Kakashi led the team into a clearing. It was really beautiful. It won't be once were done with it.

" Alright, so today we will begin training." Kakashi started. He shifted on his crutches and continued. " We will be climbing trees."

" But how is that going to help us defeat Zabuza?!" Naruto yelled. He shook his hands around emphasizing his point.

" Its the only way to beat Zabuza." I spoke up. "Because when you start this training you will be learning to climb the tree using no hands." I made a hand sign concentrating my chakra before walking straight up the tree and hanging on the underside of a branch. " This will teach you chakra control. Its essential that you master it or we have no chance."

" But-" Naruto started but I cut him off.

" No its not all about the jutsus. So far you have just been guess fat the amount of chakra needed a d most likely been using way to much." Kakashi nodded in agreement.

" This is essential. So get to it. " I threw kunai at the feet of the Genin. " Mark the tree before you fall. Go." They each picked a tree. Naruto just so happened to choose my tree. I smiled slightly before taking my book out and sitting upright on the branch.

>> Time skip

Its been awhile since Kakashi and Sakura left, leaving me in charge and the boys to keep up training. Each of them is improving a tiny bit at a time. I was actually surprised when Naruto called me from his place on the ground, making both Sasuke and I to peer over at him.

I stood and put my hands on my hips as I let my feet slip from the tree. It of course freaked both boys out and made me laugh like crazy. Which also earned blushes and weird looks from them.

When my feet touch the ground I just stood there.

" Hey Shiori."

" What is it Naruto?" He seemed distracted as he approached me. I bit my lip slightly. What was he thinking about to put his mood so... Tame..

" Could you give me some tips on how to do this?" He had a slight blush on his cheeks as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

My mouth opened a little as I stood there shocked. That's what he was so nervous about? He seemed a little put down by my non responsiveness. But then I smiled.

"Let's see." I thought of how to explain it to my blonde knuckle headed friend. " I know!" I laughed and grabbed his hand. I made the hand sign and then, with both his hands clasped in both of mine I started walking backward up the tree. " Don't think about Sasuke." I said.

" Huh?" He looked si confused it was adorable. I let out a giggle.

" Dont think about your rivalry. Don't think about anything. Think about the tree. If you think about rash things like beating Sasuke you'll fall behind and you won't get far. Close your eyes." He did so. " Feel your chakra network. " He nodded. We were halfway up the tree by now. He was doing fairly good. " You need to add just the right amount. Do you feel or even see the amount I'm flowing through you?"

" Yeah I do!" His eyes snapped open and he grinned. " I see it!" I smiled.

" Good. Now try it on your own." We jumped down from the tree. Since the moment I showed him he got better and better. Almost even surpassing Sasuke.

I wasn't surprised. He was powerful. He just needs help controlling it like I do.

" I'm heading back don't stay out to late!" I called to the boys before heading back to Tazuna's house.

It didn't take very long. It was actually quite a nice walk. I wonder what's to happen when Zabuza reappears.

Without realizing it I had entered the small house and sat at the table next to niisan.

" Hey Shiori." I nodded my hello.

Not to soon after dinner was served and we all tucked in. After dinner Kakashi announced rooms. Well to me anyway. Apparently Naruto and I were sharing a room. Sakura would kill Naruto, Sasuke would kill Naruto, and I would probably kill Sasuke for his emo duck butt ness. Yup. 

I was actually happy I shared a room with the blonde though.

Strange.

I sighed. I had just changed into my sleeping clothes, a black spaghetti strap tank, and a pair of orange short shorts. When I came back in the room, Naruto was just in his shirt and boxers. But he turned red when I came in. I didn't really care though.

" so who gets the bed?" He asked, his face still slightly red.

" Well share." I said, taking my half bun out and pulling my hair into a full messy bun as I sat on the bed.

" O-Okay." I smiled and crawled to the inside where I layed down. The bed dipped as Naruto also got in bed. It was quiet. But it was comfortable. I fell asleep rather quickly.

It was one of the most peace full nights I've had in a long time.

Ayame: Finally another chapter! I'm so sorry for the slow update!

Naruto: Its okay Ayame-chan!

Ayame: Thank you Naruto! And I'm also sorry its shorter than the other ones its 1 am here and I'm tired. Now here's Shikamaru to send us off!

Shikamaru: Ayame does not own Naruto or Naruto characters. She only owns Shiori.

Konohamaru: Don't forget to comment!

Moegi: Vote!

Udon: And Follow!!

Kakashi: Sorry I'm late~