Is it just me?

Shiori's pov.

I stared down at my hands, not paying attention to my surroundings. I shouldn't have run off... Its been three days. It was stupid. Mom had her reasons. I get that. But it still wasn't right on her part.

I sighed, finally lifting my head from its position on my knees. I've been in the same position all this time. I'm surprised. My eyes darting around me. I was sitting in an ice dome. Isolated from the outside world.

I slowly unwrapped my arms from my knees and stood. Running my fingers over the ice... it was cold. Colder than normal.

Mate...

That voice sounded in my head again. I gasped and staggered back, landing on my butt.

"W-Who's there?" My voice shook and slightly cracked, from not speaking in so long. "W-Who are you?!" I screamed.

My little mate...

It was raspy and sounded older. And to be honest.. it scared me.

My little mate has been lost...

Lost? Who's lost?

Where is my little mate?

A warmth washed over me, a comforting feeling but to most it would be to powerful, and intimidating. But to me.. if wasn't...

Where...am... I?

Where..? It was more demanding and sent a shiver of excitement through me. Why?... I really don't know...

Forest... That's all I remember.. running into the forest just north of the village.

There she is...

The warmth was getting closer. Like a pulse. It was strange yet felt so good. It felt right.

My little mate has hidden from me.. Why?

No... I found myself thinking hopefully giving my voice back to the voice.

"I'm here.." I felt the need to answer.. I really don't know why... "I'm here!" I yelled, hitting the ice, my body and voice doing their own thing. Like it was instinct to respond.

Ahhh... my little mate has shown herself.. give in.. let me in..

I didn't understand but the warmth was even stronger than before and the ice was melting. My eyes were wide with tears brimming them.

"Shiori!" Four voices called my name as I fell to my knees.

Mine... Warm arms wrapped around me, my face burying in an orange jacket. The tears I had been holding back spilled, running down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." I kept repeating shaking my head, as I was dragged into Naruto's lap, sitting sideways, my hands fisted in the orange cloth of his jacket.

"Shhh... Its ok now.." His voice whispered in my ear, a deepness mixed in that sounded almost like the voice from earlier.

Calm...

Another blast of warmth pulsed over me, immediately calming my nerves. I felt my breathing even and steady as I lifted my head, staring into two beautiful cerulean eyes.

"N-Naru...to..." I whispered.

"Its ok. I'm just glad we found you.. I was so worried." Naruto smiled sadly, before leaning down and capturing my lips in a sweet, innocent kiss, cupping my cheek to keep me still. When he left my lips his eyes flashed red! then back to blue.

"Thank goodness your alright.." Dad voiced. My head snapped to him and I cracked, my tears streaming down my cheeks as I flung myself between him and mom, hugging them. They both hugged back, not caring about the other.

"I'm sorry." I said as my tears finally stopped and I pulled away, only to have arms wrap possessively around my waist.

"Your alright now. All is forgiven." Mom smiled.

"Mom.. You said..." I looked down.

"You heard it again?" I nodded. "I'll try to find out as soon as possible."

"Alright.." I took a deep breathe and turned around in Naruto's arms. I didn't look at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook. He was so warm... and that blast of warmth felt like it was coming from... him... My eyebrows furrowed.

But that voice definitely wasn't his.. I know he has the nine tailed bijou... but.. no. That's impossible. I wouldn't even know what to think if it was... Its impossible. End of discussion. Or. Thought..

"Come on. Let's get you back." Naruto whispered in my ear, his voice slightly deeper and huskier. It sent shivers down my spine. I nodded and he suddenly lifted me bridal style.

Mine..

There is is again. I... I don't... know... I felt my eyes drift closed as my consciousness faded, and a faint chuckle was heard in my ears, the warm breath tickling me before I fell asleep completely.

Hopefully mom will be able to answer this..

Ayame: Wooo! So! What do you think? A little more info about the voice. I know a lot of you may have an idea .. Who knows.. you might be right ;) ha ha. I was able to write this because my nieces and nephew are napping! I work on it a little everyday and today I finally finished the chapter!

Naruto: Yay! Aya-chans nieces and nephew are so energetic!

Ayame: They are! I have to constantly keep an eye on them! But it all works out! I hope you like it!

Naruto: Aya-chan also doesn't own me or any Naruto characters or Tomoe. And don't forget to Comment! Vote! Follow! And Eat Ramen with Aya-chan and Me!