Chapter 3

Freed opened the front door to the house where he, Bickslow and Evergreen were living together. There were three floors. Bedrooms on the second floor with one smaller bathroom and on the first floor the kitchen, living room and a bigger bathroom. Third floor was actually just a small attic room where Bicslow lived. It wasn't a big house, but it was enough for them. It was their home. There was one big downside though.

Laxus didn't live there.

Freed sighed and took off his boots and his coat. His lovely, beautiful red coat that was now muddy, soaking wet and almost completely ripped apart. And that was all thanks to Bickslow. Oh well, water under the bridge, Bickslow was genuinely sorry and promised to pay for its restoration. Freed was never one to hold a grudge against his friends.

The green haired mage just put his coat on a hanger to wait and went to the bathroom. He stripped out of his muddy clothes and put them into the laundry basket. It was Evergreen's turn to do laundry today, but Freed knew not to hold his breath. She didn't do any housework if she only could avoid them in any way, like staying at the Strauss siblings house most of the time. Freed sighed and stepped into the shower.

Ah, the smell of lavender in his shampoo was enticing and the sweet smell of honey on his body wash was just delightful after a long week on a mission.

After the shower he wrapped a bathrobe around him and used a little bit of his magic so his long hair would dry faster and settle down. He tied his hair from the bottom, lightning bolt cowlicks sprang up proudly on the sides of his head and Freed smiled with a nod of approval. He opened a closet in his room and found new clothes to wear. Underwear of course and a simple undershirt. His usual pants and a white silk shirt and a scarf.

Freed sighed sadly when he picked up another coat from his closet. It was nice, sure. But it wasn't his old, comfortable and reliable red coat. This one was deep purple, long and with high collar and with small golden coloured buttons.

He put it on and buttoned it up. So now he was ready to go out. He wasn't actually thrilled about the whole idea of a blind date. But Bickslow and Evergreen were so excited for him so... It wouldn't kill him to actually meet this person. To at least tell him face to face that his heart was already reserved for someone else.

Someone who would never love him the way Freed loved him... Freed knew this very well and he never expected Laxus to return his feelings. No, he was happy to just stay by his side, see how happy Laxus was with his family and friends, see his Thunder God as much as possible.

He stepped out of the house and locked the door. Then he drew some runes in the air and disappeared.

Only about five minutes later Laxus arrived at the front door. He could smell Freed with his sensitive sense of smell, the lavender shampoo and the honey body wash. Damn, where the hell did Freed go? And why?

Laxus gritted his teeth and a few little sparks of lightning crackled around him in the air. Freed was always somewhere near to be found but this was the one fucking time he decided to go somewhere without telling anyone? And using his teleportation magic to prevent soaking, so Laxus couldn't even follow the scent! What was he supposed to do? Walk around Magnolia just hoping that he'd find Freed's scent?

Laxus growled silently, narrowing his eyes. So... Why exactly would Freed go out when the weather was as bad as it is? And right after returning from a mission that took so long? The rune mage wouldn't do something like that without a good reason... So was he meeting someone? Maybe...

"Fuck!" Laxus shouted furiously when even thinking about the possibility of Freed going on a date with another man.

He turned around, returning back to the street and some of the lightbulbs in nearest lamp posts exploded. He would not let his man meet with some weak unknown douchebag! Freed was his mate and only his to be loved! He would make sure Freed would understand that for the rest of his life and couldn't ever be satisfied by anyone else.