Chapter 66

It was getting late when Freed and Laxus returned back to Laxus' house.

"I wonder how Porlyusica is going to find out if Bickslow is related with Roxanne and Roscoe", the rune mage said starting to make some dinner for them.

"If she says she is going to do that, we don't really need to know how she does it", Laxus murmured sitting down after setting the table ready.

"I guess you're right. I really hope everything will turn out well. It would be sad if it turns out they are not related after all."

"I don't think that might happen, it's pretty obvious that they are. We will find it out soon, there's no point wondering about it before that."

"Should we talk about the house then?" Freed suggested and he put spaghetti on the plates with meat sauce and brought them in the table. "We haven't actually talked about that since we left Naava Town."

"I found this", Laxus said and fetched a newspaper from the living room and opened it. "Big kitchen and living room, two bathrooms and three bedrooms, what do you think?"

Freed took the paper and read the note.

"Not bad", he smiled. "It's not far from the Guild, the area is friendly and it has an attic that could be turned into an office if we need one. It could make a good library too."

"I'm not surprised you thought it that way", Laxus said amused. "But where would we need an office?"

"We still don't know who will be the next Master", Freed reminded. "If it's you it is a good idea to have an office at home also."

"Damn, for a moment I managed to forget that Gramps is supposed to announce the next Master after the Trials", Laxus groaned.

"I'm sure you will be an excellent Master, Laxus", Freed chuckled.

"It's not sure yet that I will be the next Master. I think Erza is more suitable for that."

"If it turns out that way, I'm of course really happy for her", Freed assured with a smile. "I have no doubts that she wouldn't be an excellent Master as well. You are both really good candidates."

"If I'm not Master, we can continue going into the missions like we always do."

"I know, that would be really nice too. But you have such a potential it would be waste not to use it. But I'm sure that whatever is Makarov's last decision, it is what is best for the Guild."

"Yeah, I guess. But if I'm gonna be the next Master it sucks when the Grand Magic Games start again", Laxus growled.

"You know it is forbidden by reason for Master to compete in Grand Magic Games. I know it's not that much fun to just stand aside but then we can just do our best and cheer to our guild mates who made it to the team."

"I'm sure you would have made it in the team this year, you would have made it in the S-class Trials also and you would have kicked everyone's asses", Laxus grinned and Freed laughed.

"I don't know about that, but thank you for your trust", the rune mage smiled. "Of course I would have done my best."

He took the newspaper.

"So do you want to go see this place?" he suggested.

"Sure, if you like it. It has a big backyard too, maybe our kid wants to have a swing when he gets older."

"I like that idea", Freed smiled. "Let's go see this place after the Trials."