Chapter 69

Freed woke up in the morning and for a moment he just laid on his big bed, trying to overcome the morning sickness. It felt horrible. He didn't have the tea Porlyusica had prepared so there was no other way than just wait until he would feel better. After a while he finally was able to get up and he took a shower, it helped a lot and after that he took the clothes that had been prepared for him.

For the first thing after dressing up he opened the drawer from his night stand. He used his runes to keep it locked while he still could, his magic was getting more unstable but he still managed to use it.

He sat down on the big couch with a huff, leaning against the pillows and took out a diary he had been writing every single day since he came back. With that he made sure he wouldn't forget anything because of Lucados' magic.

"I see you're ready to conquer the world first thing in the morning", Freed chuckled as he felt movement. Felix had really started to move around lately. It was so sad that Laxus couldn't be here to feel it too.

But he was sure Laxus would come up with something. He had absolute trust towards his fiancé and friends, as well as the whole Guild. He had nothing to worry about, they would come here when they could. Until then he just needed to do his best and focus on Felix.

"Hm? Already too tired?" Freed smiled when movements stopped. "That's alright, you can try again later", he assured and opened his book.

He started to read what he had wrote yesterday and again he noticed he hadn't forgotten even one thing. That was almost odd. He was so sure Lucados would make him forget things but until now he remembered everything he had written down on his diary.

Freed put the book back and sealed the drawer with his runes and stood up. He stepped out his old bedroom and looked out from the big windows in the hallway. It had started to rain. Spring was slowly coming closer every day, even though it was slightly too early for that.

Freed continued his journey through big hallways that were filled with old paintings. He looked at his ancestors, how most of them had green hair but some of them had white hair and red hair, it all depended if they had demon powers. Those who didn't have, had smaller paintings and Freed huffed. Zaldevils had always favoured those with demon powers over the others.

He arrived at the dining room where Lucados already was. He had eaten and was now drinking tea and reading the newspaper. Servants prepared a new set of plate and cutlery when Freed sat down.

"Good morning", he said.

"Morning", Lucados said not putting down the paper. "So you decided to join me in the dinner."

"Yes", Freed muttered.

"That is good. Most people think that pregnancy is somehow a permission to slack around. So how are you feeling today?"

"Sick", Freed said and started to eat when he got his food.

"You will overcome it, I'm sure of it", Lucados murmured flipping the page. "It seems the winter is ending early this year."

"So it seems", Freed said rolling his eyes. "What are you planning to do today?" he asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, maybe so we have something else to talk about than weather. Are you going to train today?"

"Yes, I thought you noticed it already that I do it every single day. And I'm expecting you to do the same after the baby is born. We are not some lazy weak folk, Freed. We will always do our best so our family is strong."

"I have heard that before..." Freed muttered.

He thought about it some more.

"Actually, could you maybe teach me something?" he dared to ask and now Lucados lifted his gaze from the newspaper.