Chapter 77

Valdeghar panted leaning against the rock behind him, as a powerful hit from Lucados had smashed him through the mansion and back outside.

"You don't look good", Umanor noticed hovering closer to the Absolute Shadow.

"We know", the dark demon grunted standing up heavily.

"You must return if your magic starts to run low", Umanor said. "Don't put Freed in danger."

Valdeghar huffed and took a step, but instantly he fell on his knees.

"You must return", Umanor demanded. "You can't fight that way."

"But the Lord is still standing", Valdeghar growled.

"Yes, but we can handle him. You go rest. There is still four of us fighting. It is easier for Freed this way."

Valdeghar glanced towards Lucados who was now attacking Moranga and he sighed.

"We know", he muttered and with that he disappeared in the air.

"We will take him down", Umanor muttered to himself looking at the Lord of this battered mansion.

'Umanor, can you hear me?'

Umanor got surprised as he heard the familiar voice.

"Freed? Where are you right now?" he asked frowning.

'Good, I was worried I might not be able to reach you. I'm with Bickslow and Evergreen at the forest on the north side of the mansion. I felt that Valdeghar took much damage, is he alright?'

"He's fine after some rest", Umanor assured. "Don't worry. So you are out of the mansion, we will inform Laxus. Now we don't need to be afraid what might happen to you three. Stay in the forest, as far as you can and stay together."

'I guess we don't have a choice... Is Laxus alright?'

"He's fine, still fighting."

'That is good to hear' Freed said his voice sounding relieved. 'Please tell him to be careful.'

"We will, Freed", Umanor promised and he took off.

Laxus growled looking at the ghost like demon who was keeping his distance from them. Jish-Ahrna and Moranga were still standing, but both of them shivered because of pain and they were obviously exhausted.

He grunted and released more lightning hitting the nightmares that were created out of dream sand, but as soon as they were hit they just reformed themselves. It seemed it was almost impossible to destroy them as long as Lucados had this much power.

"Laxus", he heard Umanor's voice and he looked at the demon who came closer. "Valdeghar had to return. But we have also good news: Freed is out of the mansion and with Bickslow and Evergreen."

"He is?" Laxus asked. "That's good to hear. If they stay together, they will be fine. I trust them", he said.

"Oh, so Freed decided to go against my word and left the Chamber", Lucados murmured, his voice deep and echoing because of his demon form. "I shouldn't be surprised. He has always fought against my word and done what he pleases, never caring about his family."

"That is not true", Laxus frowned. "Freed cares deeply about his family and friends. You with your constant ramble about Zaldevils just don't deserve his loyalty."

"No matter what he says, he is Zaldevil and should understand that his place is here", Lucados said.

"His place is in Fairy Tail!" Laxus roared angrily, air crackling sparks around him.