Chapter 67

After the battles – Bickslow won Bisca and gained 7 points, while Loke won Wendy and he got 9 points – the town was again free to return back to its normal rhytm for the evening. Freed had explained everything to Laxus, Evergreen, Roxanne, Roscoe and Kvestor. After Bickslow returned back to the Guild, he explained everything to him as well.

"We can have a slumber party", the seith mage grinned as they started their journey towards their house. "That would be fun."

"So much fun", 'babies' giggled.

"It's not like we are all going to sleep in the same room", Roscoe said.

"Why?" the Tiki dolls asked.

"Granny and Evergreen have to sleep in their own room, right?"

"Why?" 'Babies' asked confused. "We like Granny and Ever."

"It is not appropriate", Roscoe huffed.

"Oh, you're more bashful than I thought", Ever chuckled looking at the guard, making him blush slightly. "Of course we have to all share the same room."

"No we don't", Laxus said before things would get out of hands. "There are no rooms big enough in the Guild Hall other than the infirmary and we can't go there in case an emergency happens. We can sleep in pairs, me and Freed, Bickslow and Roscoe, Madam and Ever. Gramps can sleep in his office, he already sleeps there during days anyway", he said and Roscoe seemed a little bit relieved.

"Now you ruined my fun", Ever whined to Laxus.

"Sorry not sorry."

After they had packed everything they needed, the returned back to the Guild and ate some dinner. After that they retreated to their rooms. Freed smiled when reading a book he had brought from the library, while sitting on their bed.

"What book it is that you're smiling that much?" Laxus asked slumping next to his fiancé after taking a shower and he looked at the book.

"Well, Levy told me that she had looked for some books that she reads for her baby", Freed explained shifting a page. "I thought maybe I should read this one out loud."

"Why would you read it since the baby is not even born yet?" Laxus asked confused, leaning against the pillows.

"They say that even though obviously the baby can't understand what I'm reading, it can still hear what happens around so reading something with calm voice can make him recognize our voices when born. And it is said to help babies to learn speak faster and make them curious to learn more. I also think it would be fun bonding between all three of us", Freed smiled. "Something we could do together before going to sleep."

"I see", Laxus murmured looking at the round belly. He wasn't sure if he could believe all that if he was honest, but if it would make Freed happy then there couldn't be any harm in it. "So what are you going to read now?"

"Magnolia's history."

"What? No, he doesn't wanna hear something boring like that", Laxus huffed sitting up.

"Boring? I disagree, I think Magnolia has a very interesting history how it was build and became such a town as it is now. I also wanted to read him about Fairy Tail's history as well."

"Yeah, of course he's gonna learn all about that", Laxus said. "But you're not seriously gonna read some school books for him even before he is born?"

"So what do you suggest we read?" Freed asked putting the book down.

"Of course we tell him about our adventures", Laxus smirked. "What monsters we have fought off and stuff. And we can read adventure books also, about lost islands and towns on the clouds and legends about strong wizards that have lived long ago. That is the kind of stories he wants to hear."