Chapter 45

In the next morning Freed headed to the Guild after the breakfast and making some cookies for Bickslow. He was glad to see him already awake and Evergreen was there also, as well as Cana. He had thought Makarov's words through and with time. He was right. He should tell about this to his team. He was still feeling bad because he had to let other people know about this before Laxus but it was necessary. Laxus would understand.

He asked Cana to leave them for a moment. After apologies because of yesterday, he told them everything. Nervously, he sat there and waited for what they would say. If he hadn't been so nervous, he would've laughed because the stunned expressions in their faces.

"Holy hell, that's even more bigger news that I could imagine in my head", Bicks said.

"And Laxus doesn't know?" Ever asked.

"Of course not, he's out there on a mission. Even I didn't know before yesterday", Freed huffed. "I don't have any way to reach him so I could tell him."

"Shit... So how are you feeling?" Bicks asked.

"I don't know, I'm still trying to process this information", Freed said shaking his head.

"Is your magic back to normal?"

"I don't know that either. Valdeghar said my magic is unstable, I'm guessing that's because of the hormones. I have Laxus' magic to protect us if something happens, but my magic might not work properly."

"Then it is a good thing that Porlyusica forbid the missions", Ever said. "We can do some little missions with Bicks after he recovers so we can cover the rent and bills. And thanks to you we have enough savings so everything should be fine."

"Thank you", Freed smiled. "I really hate it that I have to ask this much and can't do nothing at all myself."

"Don't sweat it", Bickslow grinned. "You have a really good reason for it."

"Maybe I can negotiate with Porlyusica more about that mission ban. You know, maybe if there's something I can do at home? Translating some texts and similar."

"Dunno what she might say", Bicks huffed. "But guess it's worth the shot, if you really don't then need to go anywhere. But we don't get jobs like that often in our Guild. Everybody knows that Fairy Tail is more into going out and beating bad guys, than sitting inside and going trough some dusty books. Even though we have you, Levy and couple of others who would like to do jobs like those", he snickered.

"I should talk with Porlyusica and then ask Mirajane to tell me if there are any missions like that", Freed smiled.

Needless to say, the trip to Porlyusica did not go well. It was his quick reflexes that saved him from getting a hit by the broom, as he was chased away from the cottage. So he had to come up with something else. In a way, it was nice to have a little challenge, how to make money when he couldn't go on missions.

But after couple of days hard thinking what he could do, he started to really just get annoyed. But when Levy and Gajeel finally announced about the pregnancy, it lifted his spirit and he was really happy to see how the whole Guild was bursting with joy. Of course there were big party, lots of congratulations, even some gifts. Levy was absolutely glowing, laughing with others and Gajeel was so full of pride he would have popped if someone stuck him with a needle.

Even Bickslow was allowed to come into the Hall to join the party and Freed smiled looking how their guild mates had fun. When the darkness started to land outside, the atmosphere was quite drunk.