Chapter 26

Freed was about to drift to sleep but then the bedroom door slammed open loudly.

"What? What?" he quickly asked and sat up fast. Did someone attack the house? Where was his sword? Was Laxus okay? He was on a half way to get up when his sleepy thoughts finally noticed who was at the door.

"Hey baby!" Bickslow grinned and shut the door.

"Bicks... You scared me", Freed groaned and slumped back to bed.

"Sorry, Freed. Laxus said you don't feel well so we decided to come and cheer you up."

"Whee! Cheer up!" dolls said in unison and Freed felt sick when they started to twirl around above him.

"Could you please make them stop? I was just about to get some sleep", he muttered and he didn't have enough strength to even get annoyed.

"I brought you some pizza", Bicks sang and put the plate on the night stand. "And it's your favourite."

"I'm not hungry."

"Come on, you'll get more strength after you eat. That cheese should get even the dead people to rise back on their feet so they can escape the smell. I know I will use that cheese as my weapon if we ever encounter zombies."

"Yuck!" 'babies' gagged.

"Har har, like your garlic-filled pineapple anchovy pizza is any better. You could fool those zombies that you're one of them after that. I just want to sleep now."

"Laxus will shove this pizza down your throat if you won't eat it voluntarily."

Freed grumbled something and groaned when he finally sat up again, combing his fingers through slightly entangled green hair.

"You look awful", Bicks said and put the plate on Freed's lap.

"Thank you for your supportive words", Freed murmured and took a slice. "They are most appreciated. Where's Laxus?"

"He's in the kitchen. I also brought you a new book, this arrived this day to our mailbox", Bickslow said and put a package on the bed. "Or at least I'm guessing it's a book."

"It is", Freed smiled. "Something I've been looking for a long time already."

"Yeah? What is it about?"

"Just this one old story, classic and really hard to find from anywhere but libraries", Freed said and put the package aside.

"Ooh? Why aren't you telling me the name of the book?" Bicks smirked and his 'babies' sniggered knowingly. "Is it maybeee... something really naughty?"

"Freed's naughty!" dolls giggled.

"Bicks", Freed said with a warning tone. "Don't even start."

"So it is? It really is some naughty gay story. So does it tell about the pirates? Mages? Treasure hunters? Maybe theatre?" Bicks chuckled and almost got hit in the face by a pizza slice. But not because of Freed but Laxus.

"Stop being such an ass", blond said stepping in the room. "So what if it's some cheesy romantic gay story with sex scenes? You wanna read it?"

"No, no thanks, not my thing", Bicks laughed. "I was just curious. Freed being so damn innocent it's hard to even imagine him trying to read dirty magazines. How many those kind of books do you have, baby?"

"It's none of your business", Freed muttered while eating his pizza but his ears were already bright red.

"I'm guessing many", Bicks cackled.

"Really?" Laxus asked now surprised looking at Freed who tried to hide behind his hair. "Damn, I really wanna borrow some of those books."

"W-what?" Freed said.