Chapter 29

Finally they arrived at the mansion after fifteen minutes ride trough the town and then two minute ride after the gate. Carriage stopped in front of huge stairs and they stood up.

"Gatekeeper will take care of the payment and they have been instructed to give a good tip", Freed said to the driver.

"Thank you, sir", woman behind the wheel smiled and she drove around the fountain, heading back to the gates.

Doors opened and a chubby butler stepped out in his morning gown and he was followed by couple of servants who immediately grabbed their bags.

"Master, it is good to see you", the butler smiled.

"It's good to see you too, Dubois", Freed said. "I'm sorry that we didn't announce beforehand that we were coming."

"Sir, I'm sure you had a good reason for that. We are here to always welcome you back when you want to visit us."

"It is good to hear that", Freed smiled. "These are my team members and fellow guildmates from Fairy Tail. Bickslow, Evergreen and of course our leader Laxus Dreyar."

"It is an honour to meet you all", Dubois smiled and he bowed politely. "Master have told us everything about you."

"This is Aaron Dubois, he is the butler in this mansion", Freed introduced. "He will help you if there is any problems. Dubois, we need rooms. We might stay two or three days."

"That is wonderful, sir", Dubois said and his eyes seemed to sparkle. It seemed like Freed didn't visit that often. "Go get the maids and hurry to get the rooms ready, I will take care of this", Dubois said to one of the servants and took Freed's bag he was carrying.

They stepped inside the mansion and looked around. Laxus was really impressed. Dammit, there was marble floors, huge carpets, massive staircase to the second floor and paintings all over. There were even fancy columns and statues, even couple of full-body armours!

"Do you guys want something to eat?" Freed asked and he chuckled when he saw his friends stunned faces. Well, his grandmother was the primadonna of her time so it was only natural that her mansion was also flashy and beautiful.

"Uh... No, let's just go straight to bed", Laxus said.

"Yeah, we can eat in the morning", Bicks grinned.

"Warn our cook, they eat plenty of food", Freed chuckled to Dubois. "Oh and Laxus sleeps with me."

"Really? That is great news, sir", the butler congratulated making Freed blush. "We are happy to hear you have found someone and are no longer alone. We hope you might visit more often now?"

"I can't promise anything..." Freed murmured.

Servants carried their bags and they were guided to their now ready rooms. Evergreen and Bickslow had rooms next to each other on the second floor but Freed headed back to the stairs after that.

"Aren't we gonna sleep here?" Laxus asked confused when they started to climb again.

"No, our room is in the third floor", Freed smiled. "I hope you like it. It is the master bedroom and there are plenty of space. We also have a beautiful view over the garden to the lake nearby."

It was more like a tiny house inside the third floor that is what Laxus thought when they arrived. Dubois opened large doors for them to the master bedroom.

"We will go straight to bed, Dubois", Freed smiled. "This has been a really long day so just let everyone sleep as long as they want."

"I understand, sir", Dubois smiled.