Chapter 78

Roscoe followed Elfman and the others through the forest. There had still been a large storm going on when they arrived at the train station in a small town near, but now the air was getting more clear. It was still pouring water but they heard no more thundering. They could see a large cloud of smoke from miles away and knew exactly where they needed to go.

"I'm gonna be so pissed if there's nothing left for us to fight with when we get there!" Natsu said as they followed the road.

"Wouldn't that be a good thing if they managed to get rid of the enemy by themselves?" Wendy asked.

"But I want to fight too! That Dreamcatcher or whatever attacked us! He made us sleep over a month!"

"I wouldn't mind giving him an ass kicking myself", Gray growled.

"Focus on the mission Master gave us, our first priority is to make sure Laxus and the Thunder Legion are alright", Erza reminded. "They are strong, but we have no idea how strong the enemy is. If they need our help, we will do what we can."

"Aye!" Happy grinned.

Roscoe followed them and looked around the forest at the same time. It seemed like some of the trees had lost their branches and whatever leaves were still left even through the winter had been blown away. Some of the trees had also fallen down and pretty much everything in this forest was somehow battered. There were patches that had no grass whatsoever, as if someone had turned the ground upside down.

"There must have been an intense fight here", he muttered.

"Real men don't fight half-heartedly", Elfman smirked.

"There is no need to destroy the whole forest either", Roscoe said.

"Sometimes things like that are unavoidable", Erza noted. "This forest will survive, don't worry about it."

Finally they got to the mansion, or what was left of it. They all stared at the remains of the enormous building that was still giving off smoke but it seemed like there was no fighting going on anywhere.

"It's really quiet", Erza frowned. "Do not let your guard down."

They stepped through the garden and carefully inspected surroundings but didn't find any traces of Laxus and the Thunder Legion.

"Maybe they are inside?" Lucy suggested, wiping her wet blond hair out of her face.

"Let's go check out!" Natsu grinned and bolted right towards the ruins.

"Natsu! There might still be enemies! For god's sake..." Erza huffed. "Juvia, Gray, Cana and Elfman will stay outside, warn us immediately if you see anything suspicious. We will go inside and see what the situation is."

"Alright but when you see Bickslow you tell him he better be alright so I can kill him because he left like that", Cana growled.

"That I can do", Erza nodded amused. "Let's go then", he said to Lucy and Wendy, following Natsu inside the ruins.

Inside the mansion at the north wing Bickslow and Ever were sitting in the hallway that had most of its parts fallen down. But they had a roof over their heads and they even had lit a fire after moving some rocks and thrash. Who cared anymore where they put the fire when the whole place was broken?

They were just talking about how to return back to Fairy Tail when they heard a familiar shouting.

"It's Natsu", Bickslow grinned standing up.