Chapter 37

They watched few other performances too in the beach and then they headed to the marketplace. It was filled with booths full of different foods. There were even a huge grill at the centre of the marketplace, full with different kinds of meats.

Freed was really enjoying the festival. It was really fun to see what their guild members performed. When the evening started he was already yawning.

"Feeling tired?" Bickslow said as they were walking together towards the area where Freed had made his labyrinth before. Laxus was talking something with Makarov and Ever was getting ready for her performance. It would start just after the sun had set and before they would shoot the fireworks.

"Yes", Freed nodded. "It has been a really long day. And it seems like my labyrinth takes more magic than I assumed. I don't usually misjudge things like this..."

"You're just getting old", Bickslow smirked. "Laxus will get worried when he sees you like that. Looks like you might collapse at any minute."

"I'm not that tired", Freed chuckled. "But I'm glad it is time to finally vanish the labyrinth. It's getting too dark and all the kids want to see the fireworks when they start, so there won't be anyone to play in the labyrinth anymore."

"I'm sure there has been a lot of bustle during the day", Bicks said.

They arrived at the area and both of them got surprised when they saw Asuka, sitting there alone in front of the big trap.

"Asuka? What's wrong baby?" Bickslow asked worried as they stepped beside the little girl.

"I-I wanted to go in the labyrinth but... But I'm too scared to go alone but no-one wants to go with me", Asuka wailed grabbing Bicks' leg tightly.

"What? Why wouldn't they want to go with you? You're the best company ever!" the seith mage assured. "Did they say something bad? Do you want us to hunt them down and make them apologize?" he grinned.

"They said nothing bad for me... But they said they didn't want to go there since those traps are evil", Asuka muttered and Freed flinched. "I told them they are not! Freed is not evil!" Asuka yelled.

"Of course he's not", Bickslow reassured. "None of us is. Those kids are just big chickens, you don't need to care what they say."

"I'm sorry, Freed, that I'm too scared to go alone..." Asuka sniffled. "But I still don't think your runes are bad..."

"I know, Asuka", Freed smiled. "I'm not offended. It's alright to get scared sometimes. Even us, the Thunder Legion get scared sometimes."

"Really?" Asuka asked. "Even Laxus?"

"Yes, even Laxus. Though he doesn't like to be reminded by that", the rune mage whispered with a chuckle, making Asuka laugh.

"Feeling fear sometimes is a good thing", Bicks grinned lifting Asuka up to sit on his shoulders. "It makes us careful so we won't do stupid things and get hurt."

"I can't believe you are actually saying that", Freed laughed.

"Does Bicks do lots of stupid things?" Asuka asked.

"He does, but he's still very reliable", Freed smiled.

"Hey, I got an idea!" Bickslow smirked.

"No, really?"

"Since Asuka don't wanna go alone, I should go with her!"

"I did not see that coming."

"Come on, baby! It's a great plan!" Bickslow grinned.