Chapter 54

The S-class Trials were approaching quickly day after day. Bickslow had really his hopes up and he was more than thankful of all the help his teammates gave him. Not just his teammates, there were lots of sparring between guild members every single day, trying new moves and so on. In a way, everybody were helping each other out to do their absolute best in the S-class Trials.

"Only two weeks", Freed smiled as he was walking with Bickslow through the marketplace, carrying bags of groceries.

"Yeah, everyone's so excited", Bickslow grinned. "But I'm not gonna lose to anyone now."

"You're doing great, Bicks", Freed complimented. "We are sure you're going to make it."

"Thanks, baby", the seith mage smiled. "There is still one mission I'm gonna do before the trials, it takes maybe three to five days."

"Three to five days? Are you sure that's wise right now? What if it takes longer?"

"It's nothing too big. I'll just go in Naava Town to do some guarding and stuff."

"To Naava Town?" Freed asked curiously. "That sounds interesting. I have always wanted to visit that town, I have heard there is a magnificent library there and many book stores with old books. If you want to find some old spell book, that is the town where you should start looking for."

"Too bad you can't come", Bicks snickered. "The client is actually an owner of one of those big book stores. She says someone has broken in two times and she wants to find out who and why."

"So you don't actually know who your opponent is or if there are even more of them?"

"Yeah, but I'll be alright."

"I don't think you should go alone", Freed said with a small smile. "Maybe it's best if you take some company."

"Baby, you can't come to this mission. Laxus would kick my ass big time if I agreed to take you with me."

"I don't need to join you in the mission", Freed said. "I'm aware I'm not allowed to do that, it is a rule now. But I'm still allowed to travel", he reminded as they took the road towards their house. "If I want to go there to see that famous library and explore those book stores, why can't I? It is just a happy coincidence that you happen to have a mission in that town also."

"Dunno what Laxus is still gonna say", Bicks laughed.

"I can see that Laxus is bored to death no matter what he says so this is a good opportunity for him as well to do something. It has been forever since we travelled last time together."

"It would be nice", Bicks nodded. "Let's hope Ever doesn't have anything else to do right now", he cackled.

They arrived at the house and started to make dinner. It didn't take long when Ever and Laxus appeared as Freed had send them to look for other ingredients for the food.

"Damn, are you doing some super fancy food for a whole army?" Laxus asked looking around. Seemed like Freed had decided to throw a feast for them.

"Something like that", Freed smiled smashing the potatoes in a bowl. "I thought it would be nice."

"Oh yes, now we're talking", Laxus laughed looking at the oven where there were a big chunk of meat and sausages roasting there. On the table there were also lots of salad, three different sauces and other foods, even some booze was waiting in the fridge.

This was... A little bit too much for just some spontaneous feast without a reason.

"What's going on?" Laxus asked narrowing his eyes.