Chapter 59

Freed looked around while they helped Roxanne to buy what she needed. They also stopped at one of the book stores so Freed had a change to go through some books while Roxanne talked with the owner.

"This sucks", Laxus groaned leaning against the wall again. "Why does she have to talk with those others anyway?"

"Who knows, but it is not our business", Freed said flipping pages. "Are you busy to go doing something else?" he asked amused looking at the blond, who huffed.

"No, but this is just boring", he said.

"Sometimes things are boring, honeycomb. Get used to it."

"You are not gonna start using that nickname", Laxus growled, making Freed chuckle. "Can't we just go? We can take all the groceries, Roxanne can walk home when she's ready."

"You can go", Freed promised looking at the books.

"What? Why won't you come?"

"Don't you remember who you're talking with? I happen to enjoy my time here", Freed said looking at Laxus. "Why is it that much of a surprise for you? We are at the book store."

"But there's nothing but books here."

"That's why it is called a book store", Freed chuckled.

"I know some books can be really good and it is nice to read sometimes but can they really be that interesting?" Laxus grumbled looking at the pile of books Freed had found already. "Are you planning to buy those all?"

"I just make a list what I might buy when we leave the town", Freed smiled writing another book on his list. "I'll then pick the most interesting books and buy them."

"You're not gonna buy that much books", Laxus forbid. "You can't even carry them home."

"You can carry them for me?" Freed smirked and Laxus sighed.

"Fine, just don't buy every fucking book you find slightly interesting", he grumbled. "We don't have that much space in my house."

They both slightly tensed up. They haven't even talked about their living situation. Would Freed move in with Laxus? Did they have enough space for the three of them?

"Um... I guess you're right", the rune mage sighed silently, putting books back in the bookshelf. "Of course. We need a whole room for Felix and his items, probably even more. It might be that I need to pack some of my books and put them at the attic."

"We'll figure something out", Laxus promised touching Freed's cheek softly. "We can get a bigger house, you know?" he suggested.

"But you have lived in that house for so long", Freed said surprised. "Wouldn't it be sad to leave it?"

"Sure, but that's not a reason good enough to stay if it's not convenient for us. I know you don't want to just pack your books in boxes and put them in the attic, you wanna see them in shelves. So let's just find a new home where we have enough space for all of us", Laxus smiled pulling Freed closer.

"I like that idea", Freed smiled brushing Laxus' cheek with his fingers. "Maybe Bicks and Ever would like to rent your place? It's big enough for them, we could find something near it."

"Whatever you want, babe", Laxus smirked kissing Freed.

They waited for a while more, until Roxanne was ready and they stepped back on the street. They shopped some more food groceries and similar from the market.

"You kids wait here, I'll be right back", Roxanne said when they stopped in front of one of the buildings. "I would take you with me but my friend here doesn't really like strangers."