Chapter 22

Freed woke up in the morning feeling like he was full of energy. He couldn't stop smiling when he watched his Thunder God's face while he was sleeping. Laxus was snoring like always and looked peaceful. Snoring was usually something that most people hated about their partner but Freed enjoyed it. Laxus' snoring was like a thunder you could hear far from the sea, soft and low. Not too loud so it would keep awake. For Freed it was calming and he felt safe, but also relaxed since he knew that Laxus' was feeling well and nothing was wrong. But he could guess that whoever else would step into the room, lights off and hearing that snoring they would know instantly there was something in the room they did not want to wake up.

Freed hummed and reached to touch that jagged scar, then nose and lips. The swordsman chuckled when Laxus' nose creased slightly in his sleep when finger was tingling. Freed smiled, kissed those lips softly and carefully shifted Laxus' hands so he could sat up.

And when he did he sneered in pain. This could cause problems...

"Why are you up already?" Laxus suddenly grumbled and yawned loudly.

"Good morning", Freed smiled. "You know I like to wake up early."

"Why can't you just go back to sleep?" Laxus murmured wrapping his arms around Freed's slim waist.

"I want to get a shower, clean myself, brush my hair and start doing breakfast", Freed said ruffling Laxus' hair. "You can sleep as long as you like."

"Maybe I will do that. Or maybe I'll get up too and join you in the shower", Laxus grinned and yawned again. "What time is it?"

"It's already eight."

"Already? More like barely..."

"We should go to the Guild today since we didn't go there yesterday. And before that I need to fetch more clothes from home."

"I don't feel like going to the Guild", Laxus huffed and turned to lay on his back. "And you should still rest."

"Do you remember anything what we discussed yesterday?" Freed asked dryly.

"I remember you yelling my name really loud", Laxus grinned. "I liked it, still rings in my ears. I should have recorded it so I could hear it over and over again with my headphones."

"I'm serious, Laxus", Freed said frowning. "I meant what I said. Don't patronize me. I like it when you take care of me and pamper me but don't expect me to change. I'm not stopping being the captain of the Thunder Legion and you must remember that I can take care of myself. You are not allowed to treat me like some kind of a princess. Don't push your luck with me in this topic."

"But you could be my beautiful prince, Freed", Laxus teased pulling Freed down and kissing him. "And I want to keep you safe."

"Laxus!" Freed shouted frustrated.

"Fine, baby", Laxus sighed rolling his eyes. "Just teasing you a little. I can't promise anything but I try. But if you're in serious danger you can be sure as hell I will do something."

"Of course if things really go bad I'm grateful that you help me", Freed smiled. "I always trust that you will be there when I really need you, I always have. But relax now. My ankle is feeling normal so I can walk to the Guild", he assured and lifted himself up. "Now I will go to the shower and then I will brush my hair", he smiled when getting up from the bed.

"Nice view", Laxus grinned looking at his mate's naked body. "Are you hurting?"

"Somewhat", Freed shrugged. "But it will fade, hot shower should help", he smiled and stepped on the hallway.