Chapter 82

Few more days went by as the Guild get used to its new Master, just as Laxus was trying to get used of being a Master. He was already annoyed with all the paperwork he had to go through, but Freed stood by his side and helped him as much as he could. Of course Makarov did the same, guiding Laxus through all the work but mostly it just ended up with both Dreyars arguing loudly and slamming doors.

Another thing that made Laxus annoyed was that he had no other choice but to wake up early now – for him it was waking up before noon – and head to the Guild, since you could never know what might happen and when. Since Freed understood how hard it was for the lightning dragon slayer to just leave him at home – and he didn't like being apart either – he had decided to get up early too no matter how much he might want to sleep more. He also knew how Laxus would react if something happened while they were apart, so it was for safety too. He could always take naps at the office, even if he was still trying hard not to do that.

That morning they were eating the breakfast at the usual time, Laxus drinking his third cup of coffee and Freed drinking his tea. He was more than happy that the morning sickness was finally letting go and he could again drink normal tea and not Porlyusica's herbal tea.

"Are you ready to leave?" he asked when he put last of the cleaned dishes away.

"Yeah, though we have to go somewhere else first", Laxus said standing up and taking his dark coat.

"Alright", Freed nodded and he took his own black coat. Even that coat was starting to get small and he hated it. "Is it far?"

"No, just nearby", Laxus assured and they stepped outside.

Freed looked around with a smile while they walked. There was no more any signs of Lucados' spell and the town was again working like it should. People were out doing their daily stuff, kids were getting in school, one elder couple were sitting together near the canal and talking.

"Where are we going?" Freed finally asked looking at his fiancé.

"We're almost there", Laxus assured, not saying anything more and Freed huffed pouting a little bit because of that.

And just like he said, they walked less than a minute and stopped finally. Freed looked at the house and he realised what was going on.

"Isn't this the house we saw in the advertisement?" the rune mage asked looking at Laxus. "A little while before all that..."

"Yes", Laxus nodded. "You wanna see it?" he smirked taking out the key and Freed's eyes widened. "Relax, I didn't buy it yet", he laughed giving his mate a reassuring kiss. "The owner gave me the keys so we can check if this is the place we want."

"Oh... Of course", Freed said and now he felt slightly silly. Of course Laxus wouldn't do something like buying or renting a house just like that. That would be insane. It was for them both so Freed had just as much of a right to see it and say his opinion if it was the right place.

He groaned almost ready to ruffle his hair as he felt so stupid that he even dared to think Laxus would just decide all the things without considering how he felt. Laxus would never do something like that!

"Hey, don't go overthinking whatever there is going on in your head", Laxus said as he noticed the quickly rising depression. "Come on, babe. Let's just go inside", he chuckled and they opened the decorative little gate to the yard.

They stepped inside the house that was empty and looked around. There was good amount of space, really nice living room and kitchen combination with lots of light because of the big windows. Backyard was not that big but it was still really nice and there was enough room to play around. Bathroom was also really spacious with a big tub and a shower.