Chapter 56

Freed woke up in the morning when there was moving around in the tent. Ever muttered something annoyed and turned to her other side, someone zipped open the tent's door and Laxus grunted something. Yeah, when someone woke up when they were sleeping like this, they all woke up.

Freed yawned and stretched, sitting up and Ever had to let go of his braided green hair she had been hugging. And thank god he braided it before going to sleep, it would be a total mess otherwise now.

Carefully the rune mage moved Laxus' arm and crawled towards the door. He stepped out after taking his coat he had used as a pillow and closed the tent's flap after him.

"Morning, baby", Bickslow grinned, just returning from woods after taking a leak.

"Good morning, Bicks", Freed said and looked around. "The snowstorm might be over but it sure does make our hiking still challenging."

"Yeah, but it's okay. I sent my babies to gather more wood for us so we can start making coffee and breakfast, then we should start walking again."

Freed nodded and he too waded his way through the snow to find a place where to empty his bladder. After he came back, Bickslow was already setting the fire.

"Thank you", Freed said as he took the kettle from Pippi who had fetched some water.

"We wanna play snow fight!" 'babies' cheered.

"You go do that while we eat", Freed nodded and five teenagers disappeared in the woods.

"How's your magic today?" Bickslow asked.

Freed wrote some runes that made snow to melt around the fireplace. It didn't happen immediately, but still it worked, leaving them a good snowless place where to sit.

"Awesome", Bicks grinned. "This will help us a lot today."

"I agree", Freed smiled, satisfied that he could help his team again. Now he wasn't just a hindrance and he could make sure Bickslow would make it back in time.

After ten minutes Laxus finally found his way out of the tent and joined them, in a short while Ever did the same. Their breakfast was fast and there was only little bit talking, as they were all just hoping to get out of these woods. Warm shower, good food and soft beds were in their minds as they did their normal morning rituals what they could, packed everything and started walking again.

After two hours of walking they were finally at the top of the mountain. They could move faster now when Freed could use his runes so there was less snow to slow them down.

"This is amazing", Evergreen gasped as they looked around.

They had absolutely perfect view all around them and the sun was making the untouched snow glimmer beautifully. They saw the other mountains and forests, cliffs and some little villages.

"I can see the train", Bicks smirked pointing down. Far away there was indeed their train that was still standing in its place.

"And that is our destination", Laxus said looking at the other side of the mountain.

They also walked beside Laxus and looked down. Naava Town was not that big, maybe half of the size of Magnolia. It seemed like an old town, just like Hargeon but it had it's own atmosphere.

"Now we only need to get down", Ever smiled. "The view here is great, it was definitely worth all the climbing, but I really want to have a hot bath after this."

"I want some real food after that canned shit", Laxus grinned.

"You said it was alright", Freed noted.