Chapter 83

"Put that down NOW!"

Freed almost dropped the box he was carrying as he got startled by the loud roar from the door of his room. But he recognised that voice and as always, his body was quick to follow his Thunder God's orders and he put the box on his desk.

"Don't yell at people like that out of nowhere", he scolded.

"Then stop doing things you're not supposed to do and I don't need to yell at you", Laxus said irritated and stepped in the room.

They had bought the house and after a few weeks it was now ready for them to move into. The attic had been renovated and there was now room for all Freed's books and more and it would also work as an office.

As soon as they got the word that everything was ready, they had started packing and now everything was finally ready to just be moved into their new house. They were going to empty the whole house, since Laxus' place was now free so it was perfect for Bickslow and Ever to share.

Freed was definitely going to miss this house that had served them as their home for so many years already, but he was also excited to live in their new house. He would be even more excited if he was allowed to help with moving the stuff.

Laxus grumbled taking up few boxes full of Freed's books.

"We agreed that you can help with moving if you won't carry anything heavy", he reminded.

"That box was not heavy, there were just my notebooks", Freed assured.

"Don't touch any of these boxes in here, we will take care of them with Bickslow and Roscoe", Laxus said.

"These are my books", Freed said annoyed.

"Don't care, don't touch them! I told you to go ahead to the new house with Ever and Kvestor, but you wanted to stay and look after if we can handle these books. But you are still not allowed to move them around!"

Freed felt a twitch of anger inside him and Laxus narrowed his eyes when he noticed it.

"Before you say anything, I remind you that this is for your own good", Laxus said before his mate could open his mouth to argue with him. "Do not touch these boxes, that is an order. We will take care of everything so you should just sit down", he said and stepped outside.

Freed gritted his teeth, trying really hard to calm down the burning anger inside him. He hated it how easily and strongly he reacted nowadays. It was getting really hard to restrain himself when something triggered his mood swings.

Finally he just let out a groan full of frustration and was almost ready to even throw something, no matter how childish and stupid that might be.

"Now now, Sugar", he suddenly heard Roxanne's cackle from the door and he looked towards the old woman. "What your man said is true. It's for your own good", Roxanne smiled stepping in. "Sit", she commanded and gave Freed a slight push, making the rune mage sit at the edge of the bed. "And stop being so stubborn. I can see it miles away how you try so hard to keep yourself collected and you don't want to cause any bother to others."

"Well, I don't", Freed huffed blushing and he felt a little embarrassed that even small old lady could push him off his feet just like that. He was feeling so clumsy and way too big all the time. "Is it that bad?"

"You are just making this too hard for yourself. No one would judge you if you throw a little tantrum now and then", Roxanne chuckled and she sat on the bed as well. "It might actually make you feel better, Sugar."

"It would?" Freed asked confused.

"Definitely. You could let out some steam, you'd be surprised how refreshing that feels."