Chapter 64

Morning was early and Freed and Laxus headed towards the Guild at eight o'clock. There were still lots of town's people around the streets with their bags and stuff, heading towards their own place where to stay during that day's trials.

"I wish Roxanne has made sure Bickslow and others won't be late", Freed muttered rubbing his eyes and yawned. He hated it so much that he had started to get sleepier. He had slept ten hours last night and still Laxus almost had to drag him out of the bed so they had enough time to eat and shower. Sometimes he still did wake up early, but it was happening less and less as the weeks went by.

"I'm sure of it", Laxus said. "They might be already at the Guild, it's not like we are too early."

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Dreyar", Freed grumbled looking at his fiancé. "Do you think I enjoy it when no matter what I do it just feels that I don't get enough sleep?"

"I'm sure you're suffering much but it's for something really great, Mr. Soon To Be Dreyar", Laxus chuckled and that made Freed actually smile a little.

"You might be right", he nodded. "I just can't believe I need so much sleep, Levy told me she doesn't need extra-sleep at all and I feel like I can hardly stay awake during the day."

"You should start taking naps", Laxus suggested, even though he knew how Freed would react. The mere word 'nap' send cold shivers down Freed's body.

"I refuse", the rune mage said with an adamant tone. "I only take naps when I need to stay awake for the night because of a mission or something else important."

"I guess then you just have to suffer."

Freed muttered something just following Laxus as they stepped through the gates of Fairy Tail. There was a large dome made by magic covering the whole Guild. Same kind of domes were here and there around the town.

"There they are", Freed smiled and they headed towards their little group that was already sitting down at their usual table.

So they sat down as well on their usual seats.

"Feeling nervous?" Laxus asked from Bickslow.

"Yeah, and it feels awesome", the seith mage grinned. "I have to leave really soon. Master wants us to gather in front of the Cathedral by nine."

"I thought you would start from here."

"We thought too but guess things changed."

"Who will be your first quest giver?" Freed asked curious.

"Dunno. We don't know it before the quest and then they tell us what we need to do."

"I wonder what Ichiya might make you do..." Freed murmured and Ever, Laxus and Bickslow looked worried as well.

"Who is Ichiya?" Roscoe asked confused.

"One of those three who should give the quests", Laxus explained. "Small man with red hair."

"That man is ugly as the ass of a vulcan", Roxanne said. "He must be fun company. How do you know him?"

"For a while Fairy Tail was disbanded", Laxus said. "So we had to join Blue Pegasus. Ichiya is part of that Guild."

"He's a good guy", Bickslow grinned. "Stupid maybe and coward sometimes and such, but still a good guy in the end."

They heard how the clock started to chime as it was 8:30 now.

"That's my sign", Bickslow cackled and he stood up. "At nine o'clock all the streets should be completely empty and we can start some rumble", he said.