Chapter 8

At the Fairy Tail guild house Makarov was already waiting for Freed, Bickslow and Rufus to appear or that they would at least send a note they had found another place where to stay. He could only hope Bickslow would find them before Laxus...

His brows furrowed in worried manner. Naturally he didn't want to believe his grandson would cause anything bad, but right now they couldn't tell what might happen. Laxus simply wasn't acting normal and he was afraid if he might even assault Freed. It was unlikely, but not impossible and Makarov did not want that to happen no matter what.

He looked at the doors when he heard them open and saw a trio completely soaked by rain to step in.

"You're all safe, that's good" the old man said with a smile and stood up on the bar counter where he had been sitting.

"Master, it is good to see you are doing well", Freed smiled. Maybe their old Master was not how he used to be but no matter what he was still their Master and it always somehow felt more safe when he was around, regardless what was happening.

"You too my boy. Luckily Bickslow managed to find you before Laxus did."

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Evergreen shouted as she ran to hug Freed tightly. "You should've seen Laxus! And when we realized what was going on I thought something horrible might happen to you because of what we did."

"It's okay, Ever", Freed assured, calming her down. "Everything will be fine, I'm sure of it. I know you only meant well."

"Rufus, welcome to the Fairy Tail guild house", Makarov said looking at the memory mage.

"It is my pleasure to have a chance to visit, Master Makarov", Rufus said politely bowing his head.

"I'm sorry you had to get involved in this but who could've guessed things would turn out like they did", Makarov sighed scratching his white beard. "Now we just have to do our best to avoid chaos."

"I see there's not many of us in right now", Freed noticed. He could only see Mirajane, Cana, Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel and Levy in the guild hall with them.

"I sent the others home", Makarov explained and sat on the table. "It's better this way. We hope Laxus won't do anything stupid like attack us but if he does they can stop him."

"Should I use my runes?" Freed volunteered.

"No. You better stay sharp just in case."

"Are we going to do this as long as the season continues? I don't believe we can avoid Laxus that long."

"And he will most likely grow angrier and fast, because now he knows Freed is in Magnolia and we won't let him get near his lovely mate", Bickslow said wiggling his eyebrows. "He can't ravish him."

"Bickslow", Freed said and he could feel how his cheeks were starting to burn red. "Laxus would not do something like that."

"Who knows, he's a horny dragon right now", the seith mage cackled. "He wants to grab you and drag you into his lair and -"

"Could you please stop!"

"Can't wait another ten years when Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy will act like him too", Bickslow laughed loudly. "Man, that's going to be chaotic!"

Purple runes appeared around Bickslow trapping him inside and muffling his voice. Freed sighed and rubbed his temples irritated.

"You're going to stay there for a while", he decided.

"Rather practical magic", Rufus complimented. He turned to look at Makarov. "Is there any way I can slip to the train station without Laxus seeing me?"

"We'll figure something out", Makarov promised.

"Master", Gajeel said coming closer. "We can smell Sparky. He's coming closer."

"So he figured out where we went", Freed sighed. "Let's just hope this won't get messy."

"Right now we have absolutely no idea how things might turn out", Makarov shrugged. "Let's just hope for the best and prepare for the worst."