Chapter 76

Bickslow and Evergreen managed to get inside the mansion looking around.

"Geez, this place is creepy", Bickslow sneered looking at the old paintings and stuff. No wonder why Freed said he didn't like to live in this place.

"We don't need to care about that now, we have to find Freed", Ever said looking at the map. "We are here, so we need to take few turns and then the entrance should be near."

"What do you think he meant when he said we would know the entrance when we see it?" the seith mage asked as they ran along the hallway. Outside they heard lots of noises from battling.

"It meant that we will recognize it, what else do you expect from that sentence?"

They turned from the corners and the whole mansion trembled, some plaster falling from the ceiling and pictures fell from the walls.

"We really don't have too much time", Ever muttered frowning. "I'm sure they informed Laxus that Freed is still inside and we went to get him, but that old goat might use it to his advantage. They can't fight against him with full power if they are afraid it might hurt us."

"You're right, baby. But once we are out, Laxus will blow this whole place off the map", Bickslow grinned widely.

They turned a couple more corners, Bickslow almost managed to get lost and Ever had to yell him not to go upstairs since the Chamber was underground, but finally they noticed two large columns that garnished wide staircase that lead down.

"Okay, this must be it", Bickslow snorted looking at the tiny carvings of demons in columns.

"Yeah, no doubt. Let's go", Ever said and they stepped downstairs.

The staircase went deep underground.

"Why is it that these kind of staircases are almost always spiralling?" Bickslow muttered. "And dark, fuck, almost tripped over."

"Freed!" Ever yelled down to the darkness, using some of her fairies to give them light. But her magic power was low so they could only have dim lights to make sure they would last so they could get up as well and see where to step.

"Freed!" Bicks shouted. "Buddy, we are coming!"

Freed sat on the floor, feeling how his magic had started to slowly decrease. He had done as much as he could and tried to think more what he should do so he had everything he needed from this Chamber. He couldn't touch the Artefact itself and he couldn't break the old seals or anything, not now, but if only he could do at least something...

He jolted when he heard voices nearby. They kept shouting his name and he stood up carefully. Freed heard steps from outside the heavy door and smiled when he recognized those voices.

"Ever, Bickslow!" he said stepping beside the door.

"Freed!" Ever's voice shouted sounding relieved. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine", Freed said and he grabbed the handle.

He pulled the heavy door open and saw his friends who smiled happily.

"Freed!" Ever shouted and she stepped ahead, but was stopped by the invisible barrier. "What the..."

"It is somekind of a rune magic", Freed explained. "Only those who belong to Zaldevil family can come in. Are you guys alright?" he asked noticing how battered both of his friends were.

"Yeah, we're doing good enough. Woah, what the hell is that?" Bickslow asked looking inside the Chamber. He saw the big orb that was attached to the wall, glowing enough to give them light. "Is that the Artefact?"