Chapter 58

I'm back! Things took a lot longer than I imagined but now I'm back and I can continue writing! ^^ Thank you for all of your support, votes, comments and most of all reading my story!

--------------------

Kvestor showed them the closet where sheets were.

"This is a big house", Freed noticed as they walked through the big hallway.

"Yes, it has been in Madam's family for generations already", Kvestor nodded. "It is really sad that she doesn't have much relatives anymore, though..."

"She doesn't?" Ever asked. "I thought... I mean she doesn't somehow appear to be a person who doesn't want a family..."

"She had a daughter", Kvestor nodded opening one of the doors in the hallway. "But she has passed away over twenty years ago. Yet still, sometimes she does sit on a chair in the living room and she just goes through old photos. She clearly misses her much no matter how much time passes."

Suddenly the exceed jumped and looked at them scared.

"Oh my, I probably shouldn't have told that", he said. "Please keep it to yourselves, I don't think Madam would like it if she hears that I have blabbered something so personal about her."

"Don't worry, it's none of our business at the first place", Laxus said. "We won't say anything to her or anyone else."

"Thank you, sir", Kvestor sighed relieved. "Well, this is room for you two", he said to Laxus and Freed.

In the room there were a sturdy, beautifully etched box-like bed with a mattress. There were also a closet, a rack for their coats, a small table, a wardrobe and a window with beautiful curtains. There were big piles of snow at the windowsill outside but in the room there was warm and cosy.

"Pillows and blankets are in the closet. I hope you like this", Kvestor said.

"We like this, don't worry, Kvestor", Freed assured and while Kvestor went to show rooms for Evergreen and Bickslow, Freed and Laxus started to make the bed.

"Man, it feels like there is no winter out there at all", the blond said surprised while shifting the sheet on the mattress. "This house is really warm."

"It sure is", Freed nodded taking out their pillows from the closet. "Most of the buildings here are log houses and they are perfect for climate here. And I personally think log houses are really beautiful."

"Yeah, guess they are", Laxus nodded. "They are warm houses, that's enough for me."

"They have to be, winters here are very different than in Magnolia", Freed chuckled and he put the pillows on the bed when they were covered with new sheets.

"More snow for instance", Laxus snorted pulling out the blankets. One for sleeping and one for just in case they might feel cold at night.

"Definitely", Freed smiled.

After making the bed they returned back to the living room. Kvestor was already there, assembling stuff and cleaning dust.

"Hey, fluffy", Laxus said when they sat down. "How did you end up here?"

"Me?" Kvestor asked surprised.

"Yeah. Did you just crash on her window one day or what?"

"No", Kvestor laughed straightening the picture frames after dusting them. "I was travelling around and Madam Roxanne was so kind to give me a place where to stay last winter when it was really cold. I helped her with cleaning and running the book store, doing grocery shopping and similar. Somehow I just ended up staying here", he smiled. "I love living here, I like giving some company for Madam and helping her out how I can."