Chapter 70

Freed noticed the change in the weather while they were at the garden under the roof, where Lucados was explaining how to call Valdeghar or Umanor with their own bodies. He didn't hear thunders but he could almost feel them in the air. Rain had stopped and the air got tingling. It made him smile immediately.

Laxus!

Of course he was also worried, since he could guess that Laxus was pissed as hell right now. Would he let his dragon side take over? What if he couldn't return back to normal?

"So he really came", Lucados murmured narrowing his eyes. "How foolish."

"This is your last chance to make up things", Freed said looking at his grandfather. "Because when Laxus finds his way here in the mansion, he won't forgive you anymore. He will end things once and for all."

"So will I", Lucados said. "Some young brat who pretends to be a dragon won't surpass me. Zaldevils will never give up."

"You don't know how powerful he is", Freed warned. "He and the others. I'm sure Laxus is not alone."

"Whatever, I don't care if that whole Guild tries to take me down", Lucados huffed. "Moranga and Jish-Ahrna will make sure they have no chance to get to the mansion. Let's go inside."

"You don't understand what kind of a mess you're causing", Freed tried to explain. "Laxus is angry! He has won many powerful mages before!" he said and jolted when strong hand grabbed his collar, pulling him closer.

"I have won many powerful mages before", Lucados grumbled his other eye glowing like it was filled with diamond dust. "Don't you underestimate me, son. You're acting like a scared little brat. They are our enemies and if they attack, we will fight! If you're not going to fight, you will stay inside out of my way."

Freed opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what he should say. He wanted Lucados to understand and give up. But then again he wanted Laxus to make sure he would never again try anything like this. He trusted that Laxus would win this fight.

Lucados grunted something and pulled Freed along with him inside the mansion.

"Keep an eye on him", the Earl said to the guards. "Take him to the Chamber. That is the most secure place in this mansion and not even that dragon what so ever can break in there. Only those who belong to our family can get in."

Freed said nothing, as he followed the guards to the stairs. He should do something. He should study that Chamber how much he could and see if there was anything at all that he could do.

"You should evacuate everyone from this mansion", he told to the guards. "There is going to be a massive fight and nobody is safe here then."

He stopped in front of the huge stone doors and looked at the guards who seemed worried.

"Just make sure the staff will be alright", Freed said. "Grandfather isn't thinking clearly, he doesn't know what kind of a destruction there will be and if he really wants to fight then be it. But you shouldn't get in danger because he's just an old man who can't let things go."

Bickslow and Evergreen flew past the big dark forest and now there were black thunderclouds all around them again.

"Laxus must be here somewhere", Ever said. "If we can't stop him from attacking Lucados, we then have to assist him and that way make sure he won't really kill anyone."

"Yeah", Bickslow said. "But it won't be easy. How can we really attack that man? I mean, he made the whole town fall asleep! And he has demons like Freed! And unlike Freed, he doesn't need to use his own body to draw them out!"