Chapter 73

Bickslow walked through the forest with his totems, Pippi showing him the way as it had found where Ever was. The seith mage looked around and saw the brunette, sitting on a rock and clearly trying to gather her strength and magic.

"Hey, baby", Bicks grinned stepping closer and Ever jolted.

"Don't scare me like that!" she yelled and blushed slightly, quickly snapping her spine straight and not slumping anymore.

"Sorry. Where's that slim friend of yours?"

"I ditched him, not much of a dating material", Ever chuckled and Bickslow cackled, dropping to sit next to Ever on the rock.

"That's good", he said. "I like Elfman better for you."

"Shut up, idiot. Where's Moranga?"

"Dunno, might be anywhere", Bickslow said and smirked. "But I'm pretty sure he won't come back for a while."

"Well done", Ever giggled. "Seems like we both had horrible blind dates. You better stay with Cana too."

"Don't you think I won't do that, baby."

Ever looked at Bickslow's right hand.

"What happened?" he asked, noticing how the seith mage had lost his armour from his arm and the skin was bruised, here and there there were cuts but they weren't bleeding anymore. "Is it broken?"

"Don't think so", Bicks said, slowly moving his fingers. "Not yet. I can still fight."

Ever nodded silently. She knew there was no point telling Bickslow not to keep fighting and stand aside. She wouldn't do that either.

They both lifted their gazes when they heard loud thundering voice coming from the mansion. The sky was almost pitch black but here and there they saw lightnings, some of them hitting the ground around the mansion.

"I guess Laxus isn't enjoying his blind date either", Bickslow snorted.

"He's too old for Laxus", Ever said.

Just for a moment they decided to sit there and gather more strength. Soon they would have to leave to help Laxus, but they needed a moment to breathe before that. But when they suddenly heard steps again, both of them stood up quickly.

Two characters approached from the shadows, finally coming out to the little opening in the forest. They both almost dropped their eyes when they recognized who were approaching.

"Valdeghar", Bickslow grinned.

"Yes", Valdeghar nodded.

"And you are Darkness", Ever said looking at the demon with large horns, who nodded as well.

"Umanor", he grunted.

"Freed isn't with you guys?" Ever asked quickly looking around, but he didn't see the green haired rune mage anywhere. "Is he okay?"

"He is doing fine", Umanor said. "He is inside the mansion, in the Chamber. We used our own magic to summon ourselves, Freed is lending us just enough magic so the link between him and us is active."

"Can he really do that now?"

"He said he will be alright", Umanor assured. "We use as little of his magic as possible, but the link must be active all the time. Everything else we can do with our own magic."

"So you're gonna help us to kick that old bastard's ass?" Bickslow grinned.

"We'll do our best", Valdeghar said. "But first we have other things to do. We might manage to get us more reinforcements."