Chapter 27

"I see something green."

"Bicks, no. We are not going to play that game."

They were sitting on a top of a carriage that moved on along the road. It was a really big car with lots of luxurious furnitures, like a small house moving on wheels. Freed was really glad their client had his own drivers since obviously Laxus couldn't drive, Freed and Ever had never driven car this big and none of them would want Bickslow behind the wheel in this thing.

Their journey started early in the morning and they should arrive at their destination around 11 o'clock at night. It was a long time to stay awake and alert all the time but it was their job.

"How are you doing?" Freed asked and looked at Laxus who was behind him.

He used every spell he knew that could possibly help ease Laxus' motion sickness. But still the blond dragon slayer could do nothing more than lay down, eyes shut and try to focus just listening the music from his headphones. Problem was that the more Freed used his spells, less they worked every time. Soon he needed to come up with something else.

"Just... Don't force me to stand up and I will be fine..." Laxus slurred and his face started to go green in the second he opened his mouth.

"He's going to puke", Freed said quickly and Bicks stood up. "Go fetch something, a bucket or a towel."

"Gotcha!" Bicks said and he opened the trapdoor on the roof and disappeared.

"Laxus, roll over, get near the edge", Freed instructed and tried to move Laxus. But it was really hard, it was like the dragon slayer had sunk his nails in to the roof to prevent himself from being moved.

"Gonna throw up if I move", he snarled annoyed.

"You can't puke here on the roof", Freed said and panted when he finally managed to move Laxus even a little bit. "If you have to, do it in the bucket or over the edge."

"Urkh..."

"Laxus! Just try to endure it!" the swordsman said worried. He didn't want to end up sitting rest of the journey in the roof that was covered with Laxus' vomit! "You can hold it!" he encouraged and patted blond hair softly.

"Hmm... That feels nice..." Laxus suddenly muttered and the tenseness in his body loosened a little.

"What? Me touching your hair?" Freed asked surprised.

"Yeah... It's really relaxing..."

"Does it help with your motion sickness?"

"Mmhmm..."

Freed smiled a little. Well if it helped that was really good. Suddenly Laxus lifted his arms and grabbed Freed's waist putting his head on his lap.

"Yeah, this is good", the lightning mage murmured eyes shut. "This is really good."

"No more feeling nauseous?" Freed chuckled and he kept tangling his slender fingers through short blond hair.

"Just sleepy."

"Then you should sleep. My runes will alert us if someone tries to attack."

"Yeah..." Laxus yawned and like that he was already snoring.

The trapdoor opened and Bickslow hopped up with a bucket in his hands.

"It's okay, he's sleeping", Freed whispered.

"Did you knock him out?" Bicks snickered looking at their boss who snuggled tightly against Freed in his sleep. His mate's scent and touch somehow helped his horrible motion sickness so there was no way he would let go even for a second while they were moving.